Window alignment

Gazthesparky

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi guys

I have tried to search but all I've come accros is how to repair the window regulators. My windows are working correctly so I do t think its that

The last couple of months I've had a permanent rattle from the passengers side window on my a4 cab

The rattle disappears once the window is put down. So today I looked at the the gap between the two windows and doors and it seams that the top of the window is sitting as it should but the bottom seems to be overlapping.

This is the join Inbetween the front and rear windows.

Here's a picture sorry for the blurry pictures but hopfuly you can see what I'm on about
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352389781799005

I have read that there's some adjustment that you can do to the windows using a special tool from Audi

Just wandering if anyone has experience of adjusting the windows to try and pull the bottom part of the window towards the front of the car

The car is booked into the garage to have a service so should I just get them to do it ?

Any help or guides would be most helpful

Cool that's brilliant I'll give it a try can I just ask the crepe it talks about Is that a tool I need to get from Audi ?? Or is it just some paper to keep track of the mesurements?

I'm sure any paper will be fine.. crepe paper is just thin.

You can probably go without the paper and just use the allen key to adjust by sight.

Well I had a quick look last night and I couldn't see any Alan key holes in the bottom of the door All there is, is what looks like a 10mm nut jolding the window guides in.

I think it might be a strip down job to get access to the window adjustment

Have to look at it further over the weekend

I know this is an old post but I have exactly the same issue with my recently acquired B7 Cab, and can't see any way to adjust the window alignment, as the gap between front and rear windows is larger at the top. Does anyone know how this is done on the drivers door? Is it a door card off job? TIA