Who needs a diesel?

riggssuzuki

Reaction score
I have been doing my new round trip to work for 2 weeks now. 60 mile each way on a combination of B roads, single carriageway A roads and dual carriageway. Bearing in mind that the car is stage 1 mapped and that i drive normally. 60 to 65 on single carriageway and 70 to 75 on dual, I am managing to achieve an astonishing 40+ mpg. Thats not much less than my diesel BMW returned. I am well chuffed. This has been checked both via the cars onboard mpg thingy and by doing a miles versus fuel put in calc. So stage 1 REVO 2.0 TFSI Quattro is infact an economic car to run woohoo!!!!!

Reactions: ScottishA4B9

Nice one! Very impressed with that!

My average is at least 10mpg less as you can see from my sig... That said, the journey to work is only 6 miles in stop/start traffic and haven't done any recurring long runs in her yet... Haha. Got 46.8mpg going up to Hopeman and back on Saturday though so I was happy with that for a big, heavy V6 lump!

Haha, oh cheers!

Yeah it was all the single carriageway roads the whole way with some overtaking and stuff so I was pretty pleased! Wasn't hanging about too much either... And only 1000 miles on the clock so I'm looking forward to the engine once it gets more run in.

Just out of interest how many miles do you get from a full tank?

I currently can eak about 550 miles out of a full tank on my 2.0 Tdi auto.

And average is around 50 mpg on a run.

Good figures for your petrol though!

Just out of interest how many miles do you get from a full tank?

I currently can eak about 550 miles out of a full tank on my 2.0 Tdi auto.

And average is around 50 mpg on a run.

Good figures for your petrol though!

Not that much... Doing my short trips and one longer one like mentioned above I got 430 miles out of a tank. If I didn't sit in stop start traffic to and from work that would most likely be a lot higher though!

Without lots of town driving i can get 400 to 430 out of a tank which IMHO is pretty good for a tuned petrol turbo.

Without lots of town driving i can get 400 to 430 out of a tank which IMHO is pretty good for a tuned petrol turbo.

Yup, that sounds pretty good to me! I'd be curious what my tuned diesel would do on a nice long run!

In the mornings on my way to work just round town for 10 miles driving just averagely not too fast or slow, i get about 46 Mpg, i am quite impressed with it to be honest !

In the mornings on my way to work just round town for 10 miles driving just averagely not too fast or slow, i get about 46 Mpg, i am quite impressed with it to be honest !

That is good, sounds like the engine has loosened up well. I know it had a slightly different engine but my Octavia vrs tfsi only managed 26 mpg average during my 2 years with it, so this new 2.0 lump seems to have improved things in all areas.

That is good, sounds like the engine has loosened up well. I know it had a slightly different engine but my Octavia vrs tfsi only managed 26 mpg average during my 2 years with it, so this new 2.0 lump seems to have improved things in all areas.
I had it from brand new and never really raced it around for the first few thousands miles up to about 4000, then i got my remap and im happy i have done 13700 since 1st May 2011 haha.

I had it from brand new and never really raced it around for the first few thousands miles up to about 4000, then i got my remap and im happy i have done 13700 since 1st May 2011 haha.

It's there to be used and enjoyed, and that's a pretty reasonable yearly mileage nowadays.

Mine ain't too shabby either for what it is but I'm hoping it improves a bit when I finally get it mapped. On a motorway, dual carriage way run mine usually makes around 37mpg according to display doing around 80ish give or take.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…