Coilovers, Will they fit ??

ruffrida

Reaction score
Hi ya'll,

I have been offered some coilovers (Ta Technix) for me TDI;

Fronts - GFVW04VAQ
Rear Springs - EVO1120Q
Rear Shock - EVOSTAU03H

I have done some searching and can see the rears will fit, but not sure on the fronts, they are coming of a 2001 S3.

I really hope they do as its a really good deal, please let me know your thoughts,

Cheers

The dampers on the quattro cars are inclined and mount onto the chassis, they also have an eye on both ends. On a FWD they sit upright and attach up in the top of the wheel arch, and are eye/pin.

Why would you think the front end would be any different? The only difference on the front is that S3 dampers have an extra fitting for the anti-roll-bar, but this isnt a bad thing and infact can be quite useful.

The dampers on the quattro cars are inclined and mount onto the chassis, they also have an eye on both ends. On a FWD they sit upright and attach up in the top of the wheel arch, and are eye/pin.

Why would you think the front end would be any different? The only difference on the front is that S3 dampers have an extra fitting for the anti-roll-bar, but this isnt a bad thing and infact can be quite useful.

Gutted!!

I take it this is the same when it comes to a separate shock and strut? As i have seen some where they are a complete unit for the rears on a S3 and separate on the standard 8L.

Also, why would other people advertise that they will fit both (as above).

I might ask him for some pics just to confirm, no disrespect to you aragorn, thank you for all your help, just gutted as its a deal not to be missed

Gutted!!

I take it this is the same when it comes to a separate shock and strut? As i have seen some where they are a complete unit for the rears on a S3 and separate on the standard 8L.

As aragorn has said the FWD rear suspension setup is totally different to the quattro one... fronts will fit, rears won't...

Also, why would other people advertise that they will fit both (as above).

Because they are probably idiots....

The kit in the link is for a FWD car...

Kit below is what I have on my S3 (quattro)
S3_Goodies.jpg

<tuffty/>

Never trust the ebay "this fits the following vehicles" thing that appears at the top of listings, its hopeless.

All AWD Mk4 platform cars (S3, TT, Octavia, Golf) share the same components... there are slight differences in dampers and spring rates but essentially the kit is the same...

The Mk4 FWD platform cars are the same and share components but the rear setup is different due to having a beam axle rather than independent trailing arms and multi link setup...

I wouldn't take the eBay stuff as read as its easy to get those configurators they supply (its an eBay module IIRC) round your neck especially if all they actually do is sell 'boxes' without really knowing much about the cars they are destined for...

<tuffty/>

I fiited these and I can confirm the FWD version should look like this:
DSC_0022.jpg

Sorry I haven't caught both ends, although the rears do have the eye at bottom that is missing out of the photo.

Nice 1 lads, was proper getting to me this, ebay really does annoy me sometimes for that, there is even a company selling a brand new set, and when you use the vehicle check it fits everything from s3's to tdi's to 1.6 petrols, er dont think so !!

Just done a further check and found - tatechnix.de - which is defo not for my car, the worse thing is even GSF have a picture as the same kind of component, but i am sure they are just for picture purposes, like i said will just bite the bullet and speak to DPM