Which clutch Is best for an s3???

tyson

Reaction score
Took my car to santapod yesterday, think ive killed the clutch (was on its way out).

Have been looking for a new clutch and there seems to be so many different ones. Im currently running around 250hp. But looking to go either hybrid or big turbo. So wanting a clutch that will work now but not be on its linits if i were to raise the car to around 320-350hp.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Stock clutch is good, plenty of big bhp s3's have been run a stock clutch. The saachs stage 2 clutch i had on my s3 was horrible.

All depends on how your going to be using the car?
But suspecting your going to be launching it doing 1/4 miles then something bit more heavy duty might be of use or even a paddle clutch ;)

Stock clutch is good, plenty of big bhp s3's have been run a stock clutch. The saachs stage 2 clutch i had on my s3 was horrible.

Not for launching it isn't lol...

The stock clutch is ok if new but a couple of launches and its toast...

As said, depends what you are doing... Welly never really launches (so he tells me anyway) so has managed to get a stock clutch to last a while but 'a while' is subjective at best... my clutch was replaced on the std car at 70k... it saw 25k after that and looked tired after I had launched a couple of times and run 350hp or so through it..

The setup I have now works really well... std clutch cover and DMF with a Sachs paddle plate... OEM light feel on the pedal so non of the shaky leg syndrome and minimal judder with plenty of bite... still no idea how long its going to last but then if you have lots of power and drive hard nothing is going to last that long...

<tuffty/>

Agree, stock no good for dropping thè clutch at 3.5k rpm but if your just driving and worried about it slipping with 300bhp+ then stock will be ok plus it's a lot better than a knee breaking heavy pressure plate.

Had a Sach's upgrade clutch plate put in my previous 8L S3 as i was remapped.
APS offered a couple of options, but I decided to retain the original Audi Pressure plate etc, to keep the same feel.
I wouldnt say I was particularly heavy on my clutches, i tend to get it rolling then boot it.
That way its kinder on drivetrain, clutch and tyres, yet still brisk acceleration.