Induction Kits for 2.0 TFSI?

Yeah, that would make sense. Looks like I'm returning it. Oh well....

The electrical connector and vacuum pipe on the TDI cars is to operate a butterfly flap in the airbox, over about 3K RPM this will open to admit more air.
You could block the vacuum pipe and disconnect the solenoid from the air box and connect it to the connector. This will stop you getting an error code as the ECU will see the solenoid as open circuit.
If you look at the build thread for my car there are some pictures of the solenoid and flap in the airbox. I can't believe that the change of air filter is worth 13.5 bhp though.

Cheers for the heads up mate. Looked at your thread but didn't see the pics you mentioned

So if I were to simply disconnect the electrical plug underneath the air box and bung the tiny vacuum pipe, I'd be able to run the typhoon kit with no issues? Have you done this on your TDI?

Not pictures of the solenoid directly but where the flap is located o the airbox.
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/karls-3-0-tdi-build-thread.204785/page-3#post-2170500
If you disconnect the electrical plug and leave it unplugged it raises a fault code on the ECU, can't remember if this actually gives you a check engine light.
The way around this would be to remove the solenoid from the airbox and connect it to the connector, then hide it out of the way.
No fault codes no issues. Also undo the vacuum pipe from the solenoid and plug it. This will stop the flap from operating.

Karl.

Found
The electrical connector and vacuum pipe on the TDI cars is to operate a butterfly flap in the airbox, over about 3K RPM this will open to admit more air.
You could block the vacuum pipe and disconnect the solenoid from the air box and connect it to the connector. This will stop you getting an error code as the ECU will see the solenoid as open circuit.
If you look at the build thread for my car there are some pictures of the solenoid and flap in the airbox. I can't believe that the change of air filter is worth 13.5 bhp though.

Found your pics. Good work on your car. The typhoon kit requires complete removal of the factory air box, once I unplug the electrical connector from underneath it, do I simply leave it there dangling? No air box/butterfly flap, no problem right?

Does the vacuum pipe lead to the butterfly flap in the air box? I've not opened the box to follow where the pipe leads to

As I said remove the solenoid from the airbox it's just held in by a screw and a clip, connectit back to the connector otherwise you will get an error code on the ECU and possibly a yellow check engine light on the dash. Block the vacuum tube with a golf tee or similar.

Karl

As I said remove the solenoid from the airbox it's just held in by a screw and a clip, connectit back to the connector otherwise you will get an error code on the ECU and possibly a yellow check engine light on the dash. Block the vacuum tube with a golf tee or similar.

Karl
cheers Karl, will look into and let you know how I get on.

Very tempted by the typhoon kit, is it really noticeable noise wise? Don't wanna sound like a boy racer (I know I am old!)

It makes a nice noise. Not that noticeable from inside the cabin. It's certainly alot quieter than the one in my Impreza from the outside. It defiantly doesn't sound boy racerish!