Pioneer Stereo - no radio!

Willf

Reaction score
Just fitted an aftermarket stereo to my 2002 A4 and the radio reception is terrible.

I havent fitted an amplified aearial adapter though, which I think I need. There is also another plug that I wasnt able to plug into anything that I suspect is related?

Which aerial adapter do I need to get?

Ta

You need an adapter that will inject power into the antenna lead - to power the antenna amplifiers built-in to your car.

So I just need the amplified adaptor? The ones that are about £4 on eBay?

Yes you will need one of those they work a treat I have one on mine

Aweome - thanks. I was looking the B7 adaptors that have the extra plug as thats the 'spare' plug I have. Thats obvioulsy not needed then!

I have the same trouble on my Pioneer, even fitted an amplified shark fin but no better, tried every combination but gave up and put the ipod on now lol

Seems to be a common problem with anything non Audi, I have the same issue with a kenwood system, once I have fitted the tv/dvb tunner I will be off to the audio place to find a solution.

If you do find a solution, please let the rest of us know, thanks

Carl - which adaptor did you buy to amplify the aerial on the back of the head unit?

I think it was the connects2(two), but cannot be100%, as I left it at the store and the fitter installed it, I think I have a loose connection as it comes and goes depending on how bumpy the road is?, if I get 5 mins I'll ring the bloke tomorrow and confirm it
:)