RNS-E - worth buying?

jackj

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm currently considering purchasing a 2012 RNS-E for my Black Edition.

With part-ex of my current Concert it's going to cost me around £400 - is it really worth the purchase?

The main reasons I want the RNS-E are:

Looks - might not be a valid reason to purchase but I think they look so much nicer, clean and impressive than the concert
Sat Nav - I currently use a Garmin sat nav but figured the RNS-E will come in handy for this

Thoughts from people who own RNS-E's currently and those who have/are considering the purchase too much appreciated.

I am also fully aware of the high theft rates of these which casts some doubts too!

Help?!

if u got the money bro totally worth it, looks great as well, defo purchase ;)

That's a great price mate. It's a pretty little device. Sat nav can be a bit rubbish at times, my Tomtom always comes out best.

Where are you getting a part-ex from? Does that include fitting?

The one frustrating thing about the rns-e is that it still doesn't support full post code input, so you need to know the street name too!

Oh, and no speed cameras ... or the ability to download voices!

I recently purchased mine the other day and I have to say I love it!! The maps are nice and clear and the directions are well thought out. The fact it displays everything in the DIS is a bonus too

Time will tell just how good the satnav part of it is as I used it on a route I already knew. Music side of things, the later ones can take large SD cards so plenty of room for the music collection

I bought mine because my Dension unit was starting to fail and I'm travelling more to places I don't know so rather than use my phone for directions I plumped for the RNS-E as i wanted something I could plug straight in and for it to work with the Audi bluetooth and my MSFW

And if you can, make sure it is an SDS version. The voice control is a must, especially if you have MFSW and factory Bluetooth. Will cost slightly more, but well worth it.

Speech Dialogue System.

Voice controlled, you can tell the rns what radio station you want, also tell it you destination address all without having to do it manually!

I love the rns I've got a mk1 unit I'm willing to take silly offers on if SD size isn't your game

I definitely don't regret adding it as an option - it's easy to use and looks brilliant. With bluetooth it's a no-brainer.