anyone using or heard of Quikshift air filters?

John Spooner

Reaction score
as title anyone using or heard of them? are they any good? got someone local to me selling one but it was on a mk4 golf 1.8t so i would assume it would fit my a3 agu 1.8t?

Last edited:
Please don't bump after just an hour... either no one has had time to reply or has a reply....

<tuffty/>

sorry i must admit i was being abit impatient as i have to leave very soon to go and get it but was wondering if the filter would fit my maf connection as its from a mk4 golf 2001 1.8t again apologies

As far as I know the MAF housing diameters are pretty much the same size across the VAG range for K03 turbo'd 20v's...

I can't see a reason why it shouldn't fit... its not difficult to try it out though... the top of the air box comes off easily enough with a screwdriver as does the MAF tube which you have already changed before IIRC... if you have the spare MAF kicking about then take it with you and see if it fits on the end...

<tuffty/>

ok will do but dont have the old maf as i had to hand it over as surcharge when i purchased my new one

iv been reading good things about these quikshift kit, il give it a go and if i dont like it il bin it

A magazine did a proper test of all popular air filters, jetex was best. someone had scans of the article and uploaded them a while back IIRC Nath I think, Noggy s3, possibly from Cardiff, might have sold up by now though.

having used a few different filter, RamAir, K&N, green cotton. i'm running a open cone jetex filter, got it cheap from a guy on here. i have to say its the best i've used so far. (gives a nice dump sound aswell)