007P or 008 DV? Help appreciated in advance

looker89

Reaction score
Hi All,

Currently running a Forge 008 Turbo recirculation DV on my S3 which is currently standard 210bhp.

Car due to be remapped shortly. Advised to buy 007P with a yellow spring. My current valve is running already either a yellow or blue spring (Not sure as mechanic fitted it and did not return the spare).

Advised to buy the 007P DV on the basis they have never had this fail when used with a yellow spring based on a stage 1 remap.

Has anybody used a 008 DV with a stage 1 remap and had problems with boost maintenance etc?

Consultant at forge says the 008 is a revised version of the 007P.

Which DV should i use?

Thanks

Shane

Rubbish. Stick with 008. Its the replacement for the 007. Yellow spring would probably be best.

Reactions: looker89
So you've told the tuner you've got a 008, and they've told you to fit a 007P instead?

I wouldnt be using their services if thats the case.

Reactions: looker89
Like aragon said i would be letting those guys anywhere near my car.

In fact name and shame them.

Also the 008 wih yellow spring will be fine.

+1 on everything said.

The 008 was made to replace the 007p, so in theory it's better... It isn't any better in my opinion... They both do a fantastic job over the standard piece of fish breast, but the 008 is much easier to service and swap springs.

I have a standard APY 210 S3 the same as yours and I have the 008 with the yellow spring as I found the standard green spring is utter toss. The blue spring is a little much even for a remapped S3 as it is mainly for cars delivering over 28psi boost (don't quote me on that) so the yellow spring is spot on.

Ben

I believe it's the same stuff mate, it looks and smells suspiciously like rubber grease though so I recon it's that. Ask forge I'm sure they'd send you a link to their service kit ;) lol

looker89;

Just out of interest and as Dani said, to name and shame them, who is tuning your car? I definitely recommend looking elsewhere because they clearly don't know what thy are doing. Sometimes it's best to go further afield with tuners to get the best map possible... And don't forget, you're going to get your car mapped because you love driving right? So why not go the extra distance getting it mapped? You're going to want to drive it around all day anyway so why not do it driving home from the tuners? ;)

Ben

looker89;

Just out of interest and as Dani said, to name and shame them, who is tuning your car? I definitely recommend looking elsewhere because they clearly don't know what thy are doing. Sometimes it's best to go further afield with tuners to get the best map possible... And don't forget, you're going to get your car mapped because you love driving right? So why not go the extra distance getting it mapped? You're going to want to drive it around all day anyway so why not do it driving home from the tuners? ;)

Ben

Celtic Tuning were the tuning company. As you would expect their website has great testimonials. To be fair to the chap advising me he has been nice as pie but i am concerned whether they can meet my high expectations. They have their own rolling road etc and develop their own in house software which may well be good. Has anybody ever used them on this forum?

Living in Cornwall, everywhere is miles away (being one of many beauties). Spent a lot of money on my car to date most noticeably having to replace to Haldex ECU at c£1500 expenses plus other hose and age related changes.

Most importantly want a tuner who will health check the vehicle before and after and not one that is going to provide a generic map. Cost not being a major problem. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Shane

what about RK engineering, I got my custom code re map there, all nice guys and were in the middle of an r32 turbo conversion which was cool to look at :)

I ask people before they touch my car what engine code it is and various other questions before they touch it, if any is wrong then they aint going near my car with a spanner! You should do the same! If you got a 008 then it should be fine! i remember from another thread that the spring in that is fine to use for remapped cars? Check again for piece of mind.. Im in need of a DV but getting a 007p as theres really not much difference from what ive read so i'll save my £40 and buy some beer, kfc and a nice film!