Forge 007P VS 008.

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
Well thought id post my thoughts on these.

Id been running a 007p for around 18months to 2 years.

Decent valve etc, never really liked how you had to use a big pair of grips to loosen/tighten the head though (mine after a sold it looked like a staffy had been chewing on it), also mine always needed servicing, only used to last 2000 miles or so then it'd start sticking, even with high temp grease and using a DV relocation kit.

I've been running it now for about 2 month.

Very nice design, looks nice in gun metal. Very easy to dismantle, 3 Allen screws on the top then it tops off, seems to seal better as well.

Now the comparison.

There's nothing in it, luckily i upgrading to the 008 from the 007p only cost me tenner as i sold my old one so i lost nothing.

There's no difference between response, throttle, anything. The only difference i would say is the noise, the 008 sounds slightly better, but for the price its no way worth it.
So have said the 008 only needs a green spring where as on the same application the 007p would need a yellow but that's ****e, the 008 still needs a yellow, I know as I've tried both and the car didn't like the green in the 008.

So all in all, if you haven't got a uprated DV then id say buy the 008, nicer design and better looking but if you buying it as a upgrade from the 007p don't bother.

Sorry for rambling but hope this helps future buyers :).

Thanks for this mate :) clears up some questions..I bought my S3 about a month ago now and the first thing I did was throw that plastic piece ofBosch sh*te in the bin.I bought the 008 because it looked better in the engine bay... No other reason lol When I first fitted the valve, it had the green spring in it, but I changed it for the yellow just because I plan on getting it remapped soon.. But I was told not to use the yellow UNTIL I had it remapped, so I swapped it back to the green, as soon as I did that the car just didn't feel "right" so I swapped it back and it's now amazing again. Now upon reading this, it makes sense now why my car felt slightly weird when I swapped the springs back. I just don't see how a spring can alter the performance of the car so much!