S3 Engine clean-up and TIP help :) APY

actualeddie

Reaction score
Hey everyone

Recently bought an S3, got a bit done on it really. Took it for test drive fine, drove it back from Oxford to Essex fine next day Overheated! Long story short had to change the cylinder head which was actually cracked (I hear a cracked head on this engine is rare)

The cars had a few things done to it before me, carbon airbox, Forge DV, remap (AMD to 267hp apparently) and now I want to tune her.

First of all under the engine cover is really messy and want to clean that up. Would a N249 bypass help?
7036365037_55299687ab_b.jpg

That, vacuum box is just loose... very annoying!

If I throw a few more pics up, could someone direct me in the right direction for the correct Silicone TIP?

6890288414_4689a1a82e.jpg

7036386269_343fce7da8.jpg

7036389449_9444c16cef.jpg

I could just take it to a garage and have them fit it, but what fun is that? I'm DIY and love to learn.

Cheers guys, sorry if all this has come up before.

Eddie

Cheers, does that mean get rid of the air filter i already have? Can you actually go anywhere and buy these parts or is it all by order?

You can drive to bills place in Gloucester. Or just ring him and order it. Believe they are on back order at the mo?

And yeah get the bypass done. Some cable ties to tidy up loose pipes should see you on the way to a tidy bay

Bit of a drive for me lol. Ill order it :) Think ill give the bypass a try tomorrow and like you said cable tie it up. Maybe OCD since it gets covered, but I know its like that lol. Just had to buy a replacement silicone hose, the orange/red one at the back of the engine; £65 not to bad.

Cheers for advice guys

B5 TIP and get a proper DV to replace that Splitter valve, the Forge 007P is the one most recommend, the splitter valve will cause problems as the MAF wont see the airflow it expects.

Ah k, It was on there when I purchased the car, why would this have been chosen over the 007p? This is about £50 more than the 007p so could sell it???

Cheers