Cleaning Dashboard

reepers

Reaction score
Gonna really clean my car inside and out tommorow and just wondering what people use/recomend to clean the dashboard! Don't wanna stry putting stuff on it jut cause it feels like leather rather than the conventional plastic crap :D

Its a A3 S-line

Thanks!

I use a damp microfiber cloth to take any dust off, then I use chemical guys extreme shine oil dressing. Which all though sounds like it doesn't leave a horrible oily sheen when buffed off.

All purpose cleaner wipe down and then Zymol vinyl. Perfect finish every time!!

Megs quik interior detailer, leaves a nice Matt finish to the dash and leather

Soap and water or flashdash. :)

She obviously took this video a bit too seriously... :ninja:

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm, sooo many choices haha!! - Think im gonan go down the route of the Poorboys, read about this being quite good a while back so gonna get some ordered! Cheers for the mass amount of responses haha!

Will deffo post pics of the final cleaned up car :)

Iuse the autoglym apple spray, finish is excellent. can use it on all plastics,rubber,metal etc. I also use it on the outer wallof the tyres which gives a deep black finish. Use witha mictofibre u wont go wrong. bout a fiver a can

The worrying thing is it looks like she is using the petrol pump to jet wash that car :)

Last edited:
hmm, sooo many choices haha!! - Think im gonan go down the route of the Poorboys, read about this being quite good a while back so gonna get some ordered! Cheers for the mass amount of responses haha!

Will deffo post pics of the final cleaned up car :)

Bit of advice, use an empty spray bottle and water down this stuff. It's gets a better more even spread! Oh and lasts forever! I normally do a 1:3 poorboys/water ratio roughly! And a nice clean microfibre!

I tried the stuff tesco sell, a dash sponge called 'dash bright'. AVOID makes the surface horrible and shiny, had to get a microfiber cloth out with some water to get it off.

Yet to find a cloth/cleaner that does the top dash well, it's like sandpaper that surface.... eats through cloths!!!

I would avoid using any special chemicals or solutions inside the car if you want to maintain the factory finish, which is clean and matt. I have always done this buy used a soft sponge and warm soapy water, sometimes dried with paper towel, then a light hoover with a soft bristle attachment to collect any dust from the towel. Nothing worse than a shiny dash! I had a demo A5 61-plate and it had had some idiot using some dash shine product on it and it looked terrible.

Just remember shiny = ****. Some of the fancy detailer branded stuff people are mentioning are probably good and don't leave it shiny but I don't spend any money on stuff like that.

Problem for me seems to be the lint cloths lose, brought some supposed lint free ones but the second it hit my dash I realised they should be done for false advertising, it was everywhere!!

anyone know a good source for a few decent cloths?!

i used the poor boys stuff on my old car and found it a nightmare when i opened the door in the rain it left a total streaky white patch mess on the door smelled like battemburg cake tho mmmmmmmm