Bank Charges??!

Jamie1985

Reaction score
Hi all just a quick post not sure its in the right section but here goes,

Basically ive been looking at claiming back mis-sold ppi on a credit card i had from 2003 till 2005/6 and also bank charges on an account ive had for many years, does anybody know if this is still possible to do as the credit card i had was so long ago,

If this is possible can anyone recommend a decent company to go through as i have no paperwork what so ever

Thanks in advance

Jamie

you should do it yourself why give a 3rd party your cash. If you go to the financial omnibus web site you should find all the help you need and the forms to fill in and send to the bank.

our lass claimed back knocking on nearly 3k from hsbc and rbs in bank charges over the previous 5 years, using nothing more than near standard letters off the consumer action group website. took about 4 months.
total up all your charges then add interest that the banks would add to it if they were you. pick a letter

granted this was like 4/5 years ago.... might be different nowerdays.

The Consumer Forums - Page One

search the forum, this was a bible of support for our lass.

I was in my Local Lloyds branch not too long ago when they said I was due a review on my account, so I went in and just discussed all my accounts and what would be best bla bla bla, then the bloke said to me "I see you have had 2 credit cards in the past with us and the also the one you have now, have you claimed ppi on these?" I said "no" then he told me "just claim on that the banks have set so much money aside to pay for these claims they won't even argue they just pay" so he gave me the number for the claim department. I called they logged my claim and I received a letter offering me over £500 and it said if you wish to accept this amount just ignore this letter and it will be paid into your account ASAP sorted!!
As said why bring 3rd party companies into who are just going to write a claim letter on your behalf?? Just find out of your bank has a department set up for ppi claim back. Hope all goes well for you.

The Banks won the court case about about bank charges, so I think you missed the boat there mate.

As for PPI, I think it is for the last 6 years. But it may be worth a try, you just need to get the information of the account numbers. No outside company can find that info for you, you need to go to the provider and ask.

Reactions: Jamie1985
Thanks guys much appreciated as i have no paperwork etc to add up PPI i will have to go through a 3rd party company much to my dismay!
Will have a scout around the net today to find a decent company

Thanks once again

Jamie

Thanks guys much appreciated as i have no paperwork etc to add up PPI i will have to go through a 3rd party company much to my dismay!
Will have a scout around the net today to find a decent company

Thanks once again

Jamie

You just need to contact the card company and ask them for your account details, once you have that you just need to complain to their PPI department. You don't need to know how much you paid, they will have to work it out for you.

This boils my pi$h I get loads of calls about PPI and no I know i`ve never paid it why would I ??? also I don`t agree that bank charges should have been repaid, if you spend something that isn`t yours then you know the terms and conditions of your account and hence you know the cost.

Guys at work got up to 3k back all I could say is "were you daft enough to pay 3k in charges" muppetts

This boils my pi$h I get loads of calls about PPI and no I know i`ve never paid it why would I ??? also I don`t agree that bank charges should have been repaid, if you spend something that isn`t yours then you know the terms and conditions of your account and hence you know the cost.

Guys at work got up to 3k back all I could say is "were you daft enough to pay 3k in charges" muppetts

Totally agree. I dont understand how something can be mis-sold as its written down in black and white what the terms are. If its not written down then why are you agreeing to pay for something you dont clearly understand?

Ive never agreed to any PPI for exactly this reason.

I will be claiming something soon. PPI was sold to me as part of my business loan, it was stated I needed to purchase it for me to get the loan! It's now apparent that the PPI policies are basically useless, which is why everyone is cancelling them and getting their monies back.