Has this ever been done?

SmoothAssault

Will design for mods
Reaction score
Website
www.matteasom.com
Hello A3 members, just visting from the B6 A4 section to ask a quick question.

I saw a photo of a custom Golf pick-up from Ultimate Dubs last weekend, I loved it. Got me wondering if anyone's ever done it to an A3/S3?

Here's my 2 minute photoshop effort...

a3-pick-up.jpg

No plans to even attempt it unless I happen to find a cheap A3 on ebay that's landed on it's roof, lol. But there is something kind of appealing about it, right? Or am I completely alone on this one?

(Sorry for chopping the roof off one of your lovely cars)

Here's the real-life golf...

golf-pick-up.jpg

More photos's on Fifteen52's facebook: fifteen52 | Facebook

Hmmm intresting, something different to the norm

I like the idea of it!
Im a fan of ute's, saw that golf at ultimate dubs as well. Thought it was very original.
It would be very interesting if someone tried this with an A3.

mk4 suits it more than I think a mkV/8p would. Windows are too high and too short. Think of how the rear rises on the cabrio A3, not very pickup-ish.

I like the idea of it!
Im a fan of ute's, saw that golf at ultimate dubs as well. Thought it was very original.
It would be very interesting if someone tried this with an A3.

Exactly, I just wondered if it had been done before, but from the responses I guess not. More curious to see how one might have turned out than anything else. Could be awesome, but could just as easily be an absolute pig.

I'm sure the golf lends itself better to the pick-up shape having more linear styling, but the A3's got me thinking... I like A3s better than Golfs, and I like ute's sooooo....

:shrug:

I think an A4/A5 might be more ute-friendly... in my head at least. Think Holden Maloo, rather than VW Caddy.

The smaller VW caddy route appeals more to me for some reason, even though I've always thought the big Holdens were pretty cool.

When I was searching I found a mk1 TT that'd had the rear window removed and decked out in check plate. Looked ridiculous in my opinion, lol. A woman loading traffic cones into the back of it, made me laugh.

Im sure theres a full build diary of the golf on edition38.. Really well done..

I
wonder what episode of pimp my ride some of the owners were watching when they got their "inspiration" for creating a ute...

Golf was an estate hence the ute style suits it better.

To me the golf was always a pick up that they made in to a car. i had a Caddy pick up 10 years ago which was a golf with the back cut off, i think its still made by skoda ?

Skoda_Felicia_Pickup.jpg

Thought so :)
Why smash up a good car when you can buy the thing ready done.

That golf is the golf Estate which is why it works. As mentioned the lines on the 8P don't really work for me. It rises at the back.

some of the above look ok but if they want a van or a pick up why not buy a ford or a peugeot????

That Mk4 golf estate to UTE is amazing! spent the morning reading that thread and he has put in so much effort into it. Really want to see the interior once he fits all that red alcantara flocked in. got me thinking about my interior and if i would put in any red alcantara myself :think:

Thought it was very original.

yeah very original. vw themselves first made a caddy pick up like 30 years ago........

cant ignore the work gone into doing it to a mk4 tho. hats off to the guy!