Whos has a remap at "Awesome"?

Grangey.

Reaction score
Hi all,

Ive just noticed that Awesome GTI are offering remaps on 1.9 and 2.0 tdi engines for £150inc which seems ****** cheap to be fair, I was originally quite interested in Shark performance, especially with their switchable map, but its a £150 saving minimum whatever way you look at it so just wondering whos had one done and what your experience of it is?

Thanks
Tom

I,ve had all my maps done by Jim & the boys.

Cant fault the service & they cant do enough to help.

They even sorted my A6 TDI out when the new ECU would not take a flash for love or money. £ times it went in but the price was still the same until they sorted it.

Had loads of stuff from Jim & crew over the years. Great bunch!

my 130tdi was mapped by them back in november, @£150 and lets say the drive up there was nice but the drive home was much better, the std 130 for me was very under powered and boring but now its brought the fun back to life, lots of torque lots of overtaking power without dropping a cog and so far no faults what so ever !! (touch wood lol)... they say there map goes to 170-180bhp and 280lbft torque the torque defo made the difference in the car but i just had to put a new flywheel and clutch in as my car had done 130k so it was well high up and worn anyhows......

Since you've had the map done has your MPG got better or worse, mines been mapped about 18 months and the mpg aint brill i spoke to Awsome last week about the remap, they said Mpg should get better and that it takes about 2 hrs to do the map????

holmefield my map has not improved my mpg at all its near the same as the stock map mpg... but with the extra power if you start driving harder it certainly more noticeable that the mpg drop were stock map still gave good mpg driven hard now id imagine it gets down to mid 30-40 being driven harsh..... but my daily driving i generally see 600-650 to a tank.....

I dont really drive mine hard, well only the odd time and my MPG now that i've got my DIS workin shows mid to low 30s when i boot it so i think my remap must have been done with heavy fuel dumping, as i've read that mpg should either stay the same or get a little better.

I never seem to get my trip above 40/41 mpg on motorways so im gunna change the thermostate....

get a custom map, that way you can have a bit of both world power+mpg, i recently had one done on my a6, although its a petrol 2.7t, but a standard map would of put me at about 270bhp with a few extra mpg, a custom map came in 2 options,1 was little bit power (around 260 bhp) and put my mpg to around 30, the other was alot more power 320+ bhp and less mpg....... stupidly i went for the last option, okay i do around 15mpg but the smile on my face in return is priceless...........

my point is, get your car mapped to your needs and sometimes its worth paying more for this, although i only paid £170 for mine and that was an ecu removal job, but the place i used were really good, they know the stuff when it comes to audi's and they are cheap, they are in yeovil though so not much use for you lol