1.6 Engine Problems

A3_Jake

Reaction score
Hi,

i have had problems with the car being hesitant when going to pull away at junctions and even tries to die, dropping revs. it doesn't seem to happen all the time and sometimes when you go to accelerating it would stutter.

1.6 litre AEH

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Jake

Does it show up an engine light on the dash? Get it scanned, see if there's any faults recorded and go from there.

i know this is a completely different car but my rover 25 did this and it turned out to be a problem with the lamba sensor's when it was scanned for faults

I know this isn't very helpful, but I have the exact same problem. No fault code and a strange hesitation and drop in revs whenever the car is pulling away. Very odd because it only happens on pull away and runs completely fine once it's moving. Have you found out what the problem is?

I've tried changing both lambda sensors, head gasket, coil pack & spark plugs as well as cleaned the throttle housing to no avail. It's very annoying because it's not a massive problem, so the car is fine to drive but it's not as smooth and easy as I want it to be to drive.

Have you changed air mass flow and temp sensor??

If not it is worth to do it as that causing your problems. Also make sure that all four inlet manifold gasket are replaced.