HI-FLY Tyres??

Ports

Reaction score
Hi All,
My local garage has got an offer on for HI-FLY 225 40 18 tyres. Has anyone had an experience these? What are they like?

Thanks

What car were you thinking of putting these on...?

Please say its not a fast one.

In my experience, i wouldn't bother with the cheap tyres, in the dry they'll be half decent but it's when it's wet you'll notice that they are crap.

I have just had to replace some faulty 'Arrow Speed' tyres which i got from Kwikfit for a decent price, bit the bullet and got something decent in the end, they were more money but i got a good discount as my mate works there. £157.50 they retail at (apparently), i paid £100 per tyre fitted - Uni-royal Rain sport 2.

Think you'll find the majority of people with experience of those tyres are in hospital, get some of these instead they can't be that much more expensive, they are a bargain at £66 each, Falken are rated highly on the BMW forums, had them on my Beemer and was very impressed

FALKEN TYRES / CAR / FALKEN ZE912 ZIEX FALKEN ZE 912 - 225/40R18 92W XL TL £66.95 Car Tyres - MPV Tyres - People Carrier Tyres - 18" R18" - 225/40/18, 225/40 R 18

912s are pretty good, used them on my previous cars.

TDF (Taiwanese Ditch Finders) tyres IMHO
Dont scrimp on tyres, thats the only thing keeping you on the road!

Thanks for the help guys, They were just doing some new years offers. £35 Incl VAT and free fitting. ordered some falkens now :rockwoot:

£35!

If you take a look at some of the tyre tests over the last few years and see how some of these score,it's quite shocking.

Who would name a tyre HI-FLY! LOL. And then who would buy them!! £35 for a 225/40/18 tyre is unbelievable! As above, Falken are a good budget make.

Welcome to the rest of your life. If anything is too cheap its usually too good to be true.

Glad to see you got the Falkens.

Falkens all the way. I had Conti Sport Contact3 on my A3 when I got it. Worn down so quick. Got some Falkens on now and grip is the same but for half the price!