3 door interior in a 5 door?

egesford

Reaction score
ive seen a cheapish leather interior on ebay, but its from a t plate 3 door, looks the same but will it fit straight into my y reg 5 door?
just the seats im wondering about obviously the door cards will be no good

Yep, it will fit. Only thing is you'll have the tilt forward function on the front seats that you don't really need in a 5 door.

I've fitted a 3 door S3 interior into my 5 door a3. Word of waning is that the airbag connectors, if you have seat air bags may not be the same if your car is facelift and the seats are from a pre facelift car

good point, are the connectors easy to replace? and would this show up as a fault on the dash?

You cannot change the connectors as pre. Facelift and facelift airbags have different wiring configurations. I did a bit of searching on the forums about this before I installed mine. It would throw an airbag light on the dash which with vosa's new rules would mean an immediate fail on an MOT.

nice, id better look for some facelift ones then! cheers for the help mate

you can fit facelift seats into a pre facelift car, so you'd be able to go the other way round too, you just need the wiring diagrams to work out which colour wires do what!

i did it on my track car, and it worked perfectly, I've now got some facelift plugs wired into my preface lift wiring loom, currently sat under my seats at the moment!

If you're after some nice seats, that arn't a million miles away from you, then these are pretty nice:

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

They're not strictly recaro seats though. Just sport spec seats

They are made by recaro though, for audi. As a seat, they're 100% identical to the Recaros found in the mk4 golf GTI, the ONLY difference is the fabric covering. The design and construction is a recaro seat.

VW wanted the recaro badge because it appeals to the young target market of the golf GTI

Audi wanted a high quality seat, that fitted in with their upper class image, so not blazen with branding.

Simples. Epic seats though, I've got the half leathers in my daily :)