New S3, lack of lumbar support

or anything else, saw the bad back thread too, optional lumbar support, what a joke!! I need this fixed grrrrrrr

Think it may be a seat replacement job, must be hard to retrofit lumbar (says that but it may be worth PM'ing NHN).

I forgot to order it on mine (stupidly overlooked it in haste of placing order), but if 2012 is kind to us I'd be tempted to put some decent front seats in as I don't really rate the std S3 seats.

Reactions: RedDejavu
It's mad I looked at an A1 the other day and if you get an Sline lumbar Is standard!!!

Did nt order it with as it was a cancelled order at the dealership. Yeah I had buckets in my last ones and they were hard on long journeys and thought these would be better but not impressed! Think it will be a seat swap at some point.

I'm confident I can fit this, hence why I have some seats to strip & fit soon lol.

Rather than start a new thread i wanted to ask about the lumbar retrofit.

I actually have retrofitted the S3 supersports seats in my S3 8V which look stunning. The only thing is i am lacking the wiring for the lumbar support in my car. (the old seats were the standard sport leather/alcantara with only heating elements)

So to be clear, the seats in my car have electric lumbar but i need them powered. The Red plug on the seat appears to only have one brown wire which may just need some power to it to make the lumbar work.

Has anyone done this or could offer a service?

I'm in Scotland near Edinburgh.

ignore the above, figured it out! broken terminal in loom. now sorted the red plug has two cables a live and ground.