B7 aircon control unit - question

jbcalvin

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Have managed to acquire a B7 aircon control unit that also has the heated seat controls in it. I have fitted it and also carried out the wiring modification with a 30A relay as per Woorlords guide.

The question I have is this, it hasn't been coded in yet and when I press the button for the heated rear screen, it illuminates for appx 1 second and then goes out, my heated rear screen and mirrors also are not working.

Do the control units with the heated seats options have different wiring from a normal one, and if so how does this effect Woorlords guide, do I maybe need to change some pin positions on the wiring loom connector at the back, or is this purely a problem relating to the fact it hasn't been coded.....

The only other thing I can think of is that I have been sold a duff unit that doesn't have the heated rear screen working, if so can you open these units up and replace parts or do I ask for a refund from the e-bay seller......

Cheers in advance

Steve

The B7 units do not have a relay in them that the B6 units do have. I had the sme problem, had to get myself a relay and wire it up. If you PM me your e-mail address, I will send you the documents.

Have you still got the old unit?
If so are you looking to sell it? and what condition are the buttons?
(just need a button donor)

Benjie, I have carried out the wiring loom mod as stated in the post, just unsure as to whether there is any difference in doing this for a unit with heated seats...

Scottshere, buttons are marked, it's one of the reasons I have switched to the B7 unit, along with the increase in temp range and option to retrofit heated seats at some point...

Can anyone actually help with the problem....