wet pollen filter

Daggerz

Reaction score
Should the pollen filter be wet. Ive just put a new one in and the old one was soaked, jusi wondering if this is normal because i have a slight damp patch in the passenger footwell and the rear passenger side. Not sure if its related, any light on this would be appreciated.

not really no... water ingress there will most likely be due to plastic scuttle cover not sealing on the windscreen properly... its supposed to clip into a channel along the bottom of the windscreen... be careful though as I have heard of screens cracking if you put too much pressure on it...

<tuffty/>

Oh ok thanks, could this be causing the wet in the passenger footwell.

Thanks mate, il have to have a check to see if the scuttle panel is secured properly

Chances are the windscreen was replaced at some point and the monkeys at Autoglass broke the scuttle, or fitted it improperly, I've had this happen twice! On the plus side a new scuttle is surprisingly cheap from Audi

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to one of the biggest design faults from the VAG stable of the last 30 years... They fit fine out of the factory but you just need to sneeze and they leak unless they are re-fitted with care and attention.

Agreed. An absolutely shocking design. There's a good suggestion by some guy over on the other thread who had the same problem for ages and spent a long time taking advice and trying to get to the bottom of it:)

Mine never clips in properly. Always unclipped in the middle of the screen.

How did you sort it mate, just had a look at mine and there is a gap between the windscreen and scuttle panel all the way along.

How did you sort it mate, just had a look at mine and there is a gap between the windscreen and scuttle panel all the way along.

My problem was the rubber flappy bit on the end of the scuttle tray, it wasn't tucked inside the tray properly. I just made sure that it was tucked down instead of sticking up.

the scuttle tray just will not sit flush with the windscreen so when i pour water on the screen it runs straight onto the pollen filter. So would that be causing the water i hav in the passenger footwell for definate, thanks

the scuttle tray just will not sit flush with the windscreen so when i pour water on the screen it runs straight onto the pollen filter. So would that be causing the water i hav in the passenger footwell for definate, thanks

It's more than likely. At least you have found the most probable cause. Now to just sort it out. These threads are making me think about checking mine. My windscreen has condensation on inside on a morning and evening.

Thats the trouble, sorting the problem, don know where to start. on mine there was a plastict strip right the way along the scuttle tray that sits in a slot at the bottom of the windscreen, but it just wont stayin, keeps lifting up!:uhm: Help

Thats the trouble, sorting the problem, don know where to start. on mine there was a plastict strip right the way along the scuttle tray that sits in a slot at the bottom of the windscreen, but it just wont stayin, keeps lifting up!:uhm: Help
Have you removed it and given it a clean? You'll be amazed at how much dirt you'll find, it's the dirt not letting it sit properly. Trouble is you only have to have one tiny gap and then it starts all over again.

ello andy,
how much is a new scuttle plate from audi?
if its reasonable i may change mine as it is looking a bit tired.
cheers mate.

I was getting wet carpet when it rained so fogged up my windshield so u put the AC on to unfogg but would probably let more in?? My scuttle isn't flush so till I get it fixed I opened up a DVD cover and put it over the top which is nearly a perfect fit taped it along the front to secure it and left a gap at the back cause it can't get in anyway... temp fix