Do i have to remap after a 3" dpipe decat install?

Chlippo

Reaction score
It is a AMK S3, I cant install the Dpipe before christmas vacation but i can get the FMIC, and remap next week or so.
It will be a custom map will be done at one of my freinds shop (evo tuner), so i am wondering if im better getting all the work
done then get the remap or it will be the same result?

The car can get before the remap, forge 007 dv, silicone tip, K&N panel filter, and probably an mbc (forge unos)

what do you think? remap now or later?

get everything on it 1st then the remap to maximise your tune.
my mate went through 3 remaps on his scooby turbo within 2 months as he kept adding tuning bits to the engine, bet the guy at the remap shop was rubbing his hands. lol. but yeah if he had put all the mods on the engine 1st then remapped it would have saved about 900 quid.
good luck pal.

i see what you mean, but in terms of map, will the map have to be changed if the 3" is installed or it will be the same map?

no it will be a custom map. so he will be able to run more boost, or timing if he mapped it after the 3" decat install?

i agree with s3dave, just do the most to the engine 1st then remap. im just gunna do air filter, tip, exhaust mods and then remap it. ive got the agu k03 so i know its never gunna be blistering fast, hence why i will be concerntrating on brakes and handling more. cheers.

well thats all i can basicly do to my engine before the remap....I will install first then remap. Everything is installed except the downpipe.
I am aiming the closest possible to the magic 300 bhp, but i think i will still need something like badger 5 tip which i cant easily get in Lebanon, maybe i will try to make my own.

Thanks!

Last edited: