ecu removed and posted

lnewland

Reaction score
Well i have this morning removed the ecu, packaged it up and posted to Jason at More-bhp :). I know many of you wont agree and say i should go to somewhere else and somewhere with a RR but funds are very tight at the moment and my A3 is a second car that is a run around and therefore with the many positive reviews in the Vw world im more then confident and happy to give them a go. spoke with Jason this morning and he said that he will have it back to me by Friday whichis a bonus as he is gpoing away for two weeks at the weekend. Cant wait to get some more pull out of the old girl. Will let you all know the results on return. hopfully also ordering my TIP tomorrow and new filter

Well i recieved my ECU back first thing Friday morning from Jason at MORE-BHP and fitted it straight away. I have been driving it since and its pulling nicely and is smooth through out the rev range. personally im really happy with it although i have decided im going to remove my bailey DV26 valve and refit my turbo xs recirc valve. Must say Jason was very helpful when i spoke with him on the phone and i would recommend him to others.
Unfortunately i didnt hear the delivery company who were deliverying my TIP and air filter and therefore i now have to wait until tuesday to get them

Fairplay to you for going down this route, nice to see the car still goes and the bonus of extra power. Pity you didnt get more support from the guys here on site, but this method is a bit unknown and leftfield. Itll be interesting to see how she performs in the coming weeks
Keep us posted.

Problem with doing this, is there are no checks done to the car before/after, and if there is an inherant fault (under reading maf for example), air leaks (unknown to owner) the car could be running lean and when more boost is seen from the new remapped ecu, without checking you just would'nt know.

I know I see a fair proportion of cars come here which have issues, which must be fixed before adding a map.. and the before runs on the dyno with logging tell you this..

Flashing the code is the easy bit, but the overall cars health needs to be logged before/after to confirm matters

Problem with doing this, is there are no checks done to the car before/after, and if there is an inherant fault (under reading maf for example), air leaks (unknown to owner) the car could be running lean and when more boost is seen from the new remapped ecu, without checking you just would'nt know.

I know I see a fair proportion of cars come here which have issues, which must be fixed before adding a map.. and the before runs on the dyno with logging tell you this..

Flashing the code is the easy bit, but the overall cars health needs to be logged before/after to confirm matters

Completely agree! People, like badger5, make a living out of things like this. I have no reason to believe that the map wont be a good one but you do need to make sure that everything else is good else you're wasting money and simply fixing the problems will give you even more power :)