Apart from TPS or Dealer can i get this elsewhere cheaper? Vacuum Line w/check valve

DaveA3

Audi A-Trizzle!
Reaction score
Hi All,

As above Apart from TPS or Dealer can i get this elsewhere cheaper?

Volkswagen Golf IV 1.8T > Engine > Intake > ES#308106 Brake Vacuum Pipe With Check Valve - 1J0612041AN

142407_x600.jpg

Its for this number 2 and 3 if thats correct

Engine2.jpg

cheers!

hmm not on either on those.

its 50 odd quid from stealer seems a bit excessive.

i bought the boost kit from ebay (not this one but i cant get on ebay at work. same pipes though) but i dont think that pipe is in there.

Golf_1_8T_silicone_Boost_kit.jpg

the valve is a one way valve for the brake vacum im sure the piping you could just get any silicone piping all you would need is the one way brake vacum valve, can i ask why you need this as you already have it on your car.

the valve is a one way valve for the brake vacum im sure the piping you could just get any silicone piping all you would need is the one way brake vacum valve, can i ask why you need this as you already have it on your car.

it works ok but its a bit soft when it gets hot and braking becomes less sharp. my mechanic said because its quite soft after intense breaking it kinda collapses and braking becomes less effective. wanted a stronger permanent solution to my current bodge. Especially since its brake vacuum

Yeh its the vacuum feed to the servo, the original line is hard plastic to stop it collapsing, large bore silicone hose will just flatten unless its properly reinforced, and i guess yours isnt.

If you dont want to spend the 50quid, then get some properly reinforced hose and use that instead. High pressure fuel hose will probably do the job.

Dave that part number comes up as £28.72 inc vat on my system?

Yeah i could get you it cheaper but its getting it from me in Bedford :p

Rather save my fuel aswell as its like over 40 mile round trip for 2 hours of standing around lol.