DSC01423.jpg

Reactions: AVLO
ah so you went with the SB
mines only just bedding in after 2K
have you got a link for the FMIC

ah so you went with the SB
mines only just bedding in after 2K
have you got a link for the FMIC

Ok so the link to the ATP FMIC as seen in the pics above is here however I have had mine anodised in black and this will be up for sale soon as it didn't fit behind the DTM bumper. Looking for around £500
The new intercooler i'll be using is The Evolution Racewerks Competition Series FMIC link is here

any progress ?

any progress ?

Yeah the car is back together now, I was just test driving it before I take it to MRC to get mapped. I will be posting up the rest of the pics soon.

[FONT=&amp]First impressions:-
The clutch weight is definitely heavier, it doesn't make any weird chatter noises so that’s good. The lightweight flywheel allows the car to rev very freely and acceleration seems effortless.
I am most impressed with hybrid K04's spool time, it's really quick and I can defiantly feel more grunt at the top end where the ko3 used to really run out of puff. I can't wait to get this mapped, i'm talking to MRC about dropping in some forged rods so I can really push the boundaries, I think it would be rude not to [/FONT]:happy:

do the rods or bang there gonna bend aroiund 320ish

BGB with a BWA HEAD and shric cams
valves and springs to match

New Evolution Racewerks intercooler installed, This is soo much better than the ATP front mount in terms of fitment & quality however it does costs alot more

IMG-20111004-00068.jpg

IMG-20111004-00069.jpg

IMG-20111004-00070.jpg

IMG-20111004-00074.jpg

IMG-20111004-00073.jpg

IMG-20111004-00075.jpg

IMG-20111004-00076.jpg

The convertion is complete i've booked the car in for mapping on the 24th with MRC. I will post up the results soon

Last edited:
What have you spent on your final chosen parts?

Good job by the way.

Chris

any trimming of the bumper ?
and are MRC going for a big turbo file or a live tune ?
u mentioned rods b4 JBS have got some in stock aswell at £350 inc vat

Enjoyed reading this thread. Some good work going on! Cant wait to see the final figures.

Quick question. Can that intercooler not be used on the 2.0 TDI's? I don't see why not since everythings the same except we have single smic and i believe yours is dsmic?

any trimming of the bumper ?
and are MRC going for a big turbo file or a live tune ?
u mentioned rods b4 JBS have got some in stock aswell at £350 inc vat
The bumper was already trimmed from when I was fitting the ATP intercooler however I rekon you can fit the ER without any trimming. I'm probably going to do the rods next year with regards to the map I think MRC build a custom map for all cars they tune. This is all done live on the dyno, they will be adding a rev limiter in 1st gear kind of like lauch control and a few other things such as a tad more fuel on the overun so the unburnt fuel pops when you lift off the throttle. :drool:

post yout graphs when ypu have them
im looking for a new tune

[video=facebook;10150363571236192]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150363571236192[/video]

Reactions: Craig Cull
very good
so you went stage 2 insted of a live tune ?
very good numbers tho
what did they charge ?

Well its not stage 2, they call it stage 2 as i was using a k04 and not a big frame turbo ..but it was a full custom tune mapped live... I was asked if I wanted to go for more power/torque as the turbo was very confortable but i bottled it, I know the conrods wont take the power. I'm going to drive it for a while to see how it does and may take it back for a little more.

yeah you did right **** bending a rod
iv got another just finshed
so im in talks tmoro with stattler they use revo
this ones no rods or fmic so see what it can get

yeah you did right **** bending a rod
iv got another just finshed
so im in talks tmoro with stattler they use revo
this ones no rods or fmic so see what it can get

I spoke to Revo about writing a custom map for mine but they refused to do so. Anyway I'm really happy with the work MRC have done, I cannot recommend them enough.

oh rite stattler say they have done a few
gona download the map and sent it to revo HQ and let them write a map
who do MRC use for maps

oh rite stattler say they have done a few
gona download the map and sent it to revo HQ and let them write a map
who do MRC use for maps

They dont use anybody, they write the maps in house, every car that they tune has an individual map writen for it on thier own dyno. That's why I highly rate these chaps.

So the stndard DTM made 217BHP
with the k04 and the other harware keeping the same map it made 254BHP
and once mapped it made 364BHP / 477 NM Torque

Last edited:
Reactions: AVLO
So jealous. Makes me really want to do this to mine now. Especially with the pops on the overrun :D

Did you upgrade your HPFP?

What would you say was your total spend for this project? Maybe if you could break it down that would be awesome.

So jealous. Makes me really want to do this to mine now. Especially with the pops on the overrun :D

Did you upgrade your HPFP?

What would you say was your total spend for this project? Maybe if you could break it down that would be awesome.

S3 injectors £140 eBay.de
034 Silicone intake pipe £70
2nd hand S3 Turbo from breakers £400
Refurb turbo & Hybrid conversion £600
Autotech HPFP internals £240
Rai downpipe inc s3 turbo flange £200
plus around £100 for other clamps, hoses etc
Evolution Racewerks Competition FMIC £800
==================================
So approx £2550 excluding mapping & clutch upgrade
However if your happy running your side mounted intercoolers and don’t need for the turbo to be a hybrid then it tots up to approx £1150 and you should be good for 330~350bhp.

My car has been held back on bhp & torque (as discussed earlier it was a mutual decision between me and MRC) until the rods are done, I may even throw in the exhaust and inlet cams from an S3. (I am jealous of Bez and his Schrick cams!) Once this has been done I’m hoping to hit 400bhp/400lbft..the numbers are becoming an obsession.

Reactions: Craig Cull
tell me about it takes over you
iv just ordered a devils own kit for a full boot install
so that should smooth the fueling out
only thing stopping us for the big bhp power is the stupid fueling

S3 injectors £140 eBay.de
034 Silicone intake pipe £70
2nd hand S3 Turbo from breakers £400
Refurb turbo & Hybrid conversion £600
Autotech HPFP internals £240
Rai downpipe inc s3 turbo flange £200
plus around £100 for other clamps, hoses etc
Evolution Racewerks Competition FMIC £800
==================================
So approx £2550 excluding mapping & clutch upgrade
However if your happy running your side mounted intercoolers and don’t need for the turbo to be a hybrid then it tots up to approx £1150 and you should be good for 330~350bhp.

My car has been held back on bhp & torque (as discussed earlier it was a mutual decision between me and MRC) until the rods are done, I may even throw in the exhaust and inlet cams from an S3. (I am jealous of Bez and his Schrick cams!) Once this has been done I’m hoping to hit 400bhp/400lbft..the numbers are becoming an obsession.

Wow, thats actually very cheap. I'd be very happy with 330bhp, very happy indeed. So the stock SMIC and a stock S3 turbo sounds the way to go for me. Suppose I can always upgrade to a FMIC and a hybrid in the future. Hmm... time to start looking I guess! I just want that popping on the overrun!!

As for 400bhp, that would be mad. But a lot of fun though. Keep posting with your updates! And if you could get some videos of the car running that would be awesome.

Does the stock clutch handle that increase in power and torque?
Don't forget to add labour charges ad well Chris unless you have the skills.

Does sound very tempting, missing the supra power....

I don't have the skills, but my step dads the mechanic, so between us we should be able to find the skills to do it.

Mind you, I wouldn't mind just have your setup. 280BHP sounds great.

Can definately feel the difference from my old one which wasn't mapped, and although not as quick as the supra, much more easier to drive in the wet and don't miss the twitchy back end...

Seems like you can get the performance of an s4 without the running and servicing costs, for a considerable amount less than an s4....this is definately something to bear in mind...

Can definately feel the difference from my old one which wasn't mapped, and although not as quick as the supra, much more easier to drive in the wet and don't miss the twitchy back end...

Seems like you can get the performance of an s4 without the running and servicing costs, for a considerable amount less than an s4....this is definately something to bear in mind...
]
you can get the power but been honest
its just not in the s4 league

if you lived near me id let you drive mine and an s4
you would get what i mean

is yours quattro bez? and do you have the RS4 RARB?

Never driven the S4 so can't compare, obviosuly the power delivery would be different with the n/a vs the turbo kick in, is the turbo lag too great when you go to the K04 or does it spool up pretty quickly?

Would have thought that with that power vs the 344BHP of the V8, but without the weight of the 4.2 engine at the front, it would handle better with the right suspension set up...?

(where are you based by the way, might have to visit a site soon...? :))

sheffield
fwd
rse rarb