Stage-1 BHP ?

A3 T

Lord Of The Rings
Reaction score
Does any one know what the bhp , boost psi....etc should be on a a3 1.8t with a aum engine and ko3S turbo?

I've searched all over but cant find the answer to this because all the posts I've found are from cars with different engines or that have been modified in some way, and the bhp ranges from 180bhp – 230bhp.

Aum stage on, revo quote 207, but usually make 200, rtech quote 210, and usually Make 205-210, that's assuming no other mods at all.

Cc and others all seem to get around 200bhp on stage 1, although there are exceptions.

Yesterday at jkM there was a revo stage 1 Leon Cupra, seemingly with no running faults, that only put out 189bhp, then the next car up, also a stage 1 Cupra, with a catcack exhaust and induction kit, made an epic 227bhp!

Mine made 224bhp at bills, on an rtech stage1 with a downpipe added after the map.

If yours is totally standard, and in good health, get it to Rtech and you'll see 210bhp / 230lbft

bit off topic but not much ..... am i right in saying an AGU engine with mods will only get to 200BHP because the turbo runs out of puff ?

ebay and / or forums I'm afraid mate. can pay anywhere from £100 - £300 for a good used one. there are some rough ones out there, so I'd phyically look at one before handing over any cash.

aye iv seen the ones on ebay they all say turbo is perfect nothing wrong with it then it says turbo has side to side play ....... so basically its not perfect lol ill just keep looking

Prawns the one to ask

You were right ;)

Aum stage on, revo quote 207, but usually make 200, rtech quote 210, and usually Make 205-210, that's assuming no other mods at all.

Cc and others all seem to get around 200bhp on stage 1, although there are exceptions.

Yesterday at jkM there was a revo stage 1 Leon Cupra, seemingly with no running faults, that only put out 189bhp, then the next car up, also a stage 1 Cupra, with a catcack exhaust and induction kit, made an epic 227bhp!

Mine made 224bhp at bills, on an rtech stage1 with a downpipe added after the map.

If yours is totally standard, and in good health, get it to Rtech and you'll see 210bhp / 230lbft

Thanks mate, that's exactly the reply i was after ;)

I don't suppose you know what the boost psi was on those cars do you ?

Stage 1 from most tuners will be around 17-18psi matey. although when you add a downpipe in that tends to creep to 19-20ish.

The cupra at JKM was making 20psi on the 227 run, as was mine when it made 224 at Bills.

You will tend to get different results wherever you go though,

At Bills mine made 224bhp / 238lbft, yet at Regal in Southampton it made 216bhp (heatsoaked) but 265lbft. I think it's largely dependant on the type of load cell in the dyno, and the gear that they run it in.

This is all on my Daily BTW, which has the AUM engine, not the ko3S AGU.

Thanks mate ;)

This is all on my Daily BTW, which has the AUM engine, not the ko3S AGU.

Did you get this the wrong way round as i thought all aum’s come with the ko3S turbo?

no, that's the right way round dude, you are right. the AUM does come with a ko3S as standard.

I was simply implying that these figures are for an AUM, not my other car, which is an AGU with a ko3S. These tend to make different figures due to different management and a large port head.

no, that's the right way round dude, you are right. the AUM does come with a ko3S as standard.

I was simply implying that these figures are for an AUM, not my other car, which is an AGU with a ko3S. These tend to make different figures due to different management and a large port head.

oh ok, Thanks again mate ;)

TBH.. I didn't think a stage 1 would bring in those kind of figures.

If that's what a standard stage 1 brings in , what's the basic figures from a stage 2 :think:

not a lot more in my expeirience.. 10 maybe a little more
the health of the overall motors given their usual milage and age is more of an effect...

old cars now

the health of the overall motors given their usual milage and age is more of an effect...

old cars now

Hmmm....

That's a good point, Do you think now the cars done about 100k miles it would be better to get a map around the 180-190bhp mark?

nah! My daily is on 125k, and that's running a happy healthy 224bhp from a stage 1 with a downpipe.

My ko3S AGU track car is over 200k miles, and still puts out 210ish bhp from the ko3S

Hmmm....

That's a good point, Do you think now the cars done about 100k miles it would be better to get a map around the 180-190bhp mark?

my intended point was the power will be what it will be....... and for the same settings as A.N.Other car for example of same model, the power levels may well be different.

you *should* see 200-210bhp if alls well with the car

my intended point was the power will be what it will be....... and for the same settings as A.N.Other car for example of same model, the power levels may well be different.

you *should* see 200-210bhp if alls well with the car

Oh ok mate.

I thought you meant, don't map it too high or parts of the engine with pack up....lol