b6 1.8t turbo change

deburgh999

Reaction score
just a general question, i have the 1.8t 163 bhp A4 as was wondering if i was to put a turbo from a 225 bhp TT and injectors in mine, had it remapped would this work or is there more you need to change? Just wondering what is differernt between the 2 engines?

Cheers

pm Badger5 (bill) he is the daddy ..

1.8T's not really my area, but comparing TT180to the TT225, the 225's have 2 intercoolers versus the single one in the 180 for starters.

got answers, the turbos are completely different fitting so will never bolt together, recommendation is ko4 turbo! looks like i better start saving!

Hi Guys,

Just to add on this and hopefully help a few people out.

As the engine is positioned longitudanally in the A4/PASSAT than the transverse in the K04 S3/TT/Leon, the turbo manifold and turbo is a totally different fit. The transverse cars have a different turbo position and therefore manifold offset depending on whether they are R/H/D or L/H/D too, due to the brake servo and steering rack getting in the way.

The A4 don't have this problem whether its R/H/D or L/H/D as the turbo is side on and away from the bulkhead.

We have an easier time with our cars.

To get K04 power in our cars turns out to be very quite simple. We need the K04-015 turbo.

Yes that -015 makes all the difference.

This turbo is a true K04, yet bolts onto our manifold with no modifications. The -015 denotes the different fitment.

I belive it is the same case with the exhaust downpipe, it fits with no need to change.

With uprated injectors and a fuel pressure regulator like the ones found on the S3/TT and a remap. You will be looking a decent gains for the outlay with potentially 235-275bhp depending on what intercooler sytem you have (single or twin or FMC)

Do a little research and you will find information in regards to this conversion. I hope to do mine soon.

Hopefully this will help

Just to bring this one back, my 2001 AVJ will and can take a K04 to bolt straight on? Obviously it needs to be the 015 (15) product number, could you just confirm? If so im buying one!