S4 discs and pads.

xs2man

Reaction score
Guys,

Where have you found the best deal on brakes? Not sure if the full set are needing swapped out, but thought I'd look anyway.

Looking at £575.26 for Standard Quality EBC discs, and Yellow Stuff pads all round. Is that a decent price / set-up?

Have you found anything better / cheaper?

Only time I tried EBC, it was a set of their dimpled+grooved discs and the greenstuff pads... and after a 500mile bedding in, they were warped beyond usability after the first proper bit of braking... and that was only a Mk3 Golf!<br><br>Since then it's either been Brembo or OEM.... I'd consider AP Racing too ;o)

Aint been able to find Brembo's for the S4. Booooooo.

I have used EBC before, and never had a problem though.

EBC always seem to warp and last time I used brembo they lasted about 2 pads worth. Ouch.

Hmmmmm. So any ideas for anything else then? Just OEM Audi brakes?

I haven't heard good things about the ebc disks

oem pagid disks with yellow stuff pads is a good upgrade

Quite like the standard brakes myself. Recently did my pads all round, fitted Pagids as I believe these were the OEM. Front pads were around £80 from Euro car parts.

Slapped my 19's on the S4 today, so had a good look. There is certainly a good few k left in the pads I would say. Stupid brake warning light. Not much lip to the discs either, but will likely change them when I change the pads anyway, but that aint gonna be until the winter at the earliest now.

EBC pads might be worth a look, but for the pads only.... Pagid always seem to do decent pads - had a few of them in the past and never had a problem.

For the discs, I've only been happy with OEM or Brembo and on the Audi, I've only had OEM: keeps the insurance down too...

RE: Brembo: I'm sure there WILL be a kit for them: what size/thickness are the S4's (front and rear).