Suspensions on 2.0 TDi Sport

shaheed

Reaction score
Hi,

been thinking of upgrading my suspensions to something stiffer (just a little bit) than standard, since roads in Portugal are /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif and getting a little lower.
Since I have Sports suspension, I was thinking of changing my springs to S-Line setup, but to start I don't have official info regarding shock/spring combination of even Sport and S-Line. I don't know which is the size of shocks in sport and s-line? Are s-line shocks smaller than sport since it's lowered 10 mm? By the way today I could see reference of my rear shocks IKO512011QM....

Please exchange your know-how about this imp issue.....

OK, the sport springs are 15 mm lower than standard and the shocks are specific to their rate.

The S-line springs are 25 mm lower than standard and the shocks are specific to their rate as well.

So really there are three sets of springs and three sets of shocks to go with them: standard, sport and S-line.

As far as I know, anti-roll bars are identical no matter what spring / shock is mounted.

Hope this helps!

It's not that easy to get those S-Line springs/shocks, at least our dealers can't find the right codes (they said there are about 50 different.. who knows) for 2,0FSI S-Line (if anyone knows, please give me info.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif)

- Yak

So the S-line has different suspension from the sport ?
I thought it was just trim changes and bigger wheels.