Immobiliser problem

vince, A3 turbo

Reaction score
Hi guys as title says I have a problem with my immobiliser.
When turning the key the immobiliser light flashes up and is supposed to stay off after that, mine does This sometimes and when it does the car starts and drives fine,
But sometimes it flashes on and off, when it's doing this it will start as Normal but then dies right away, I flick the ignition on
And off till it dissipears normally bit recently it's bin taking 10 -15 mins and is really annoying now,
Any ideas y it would do this or how to cure it?
Any advice much appreciated,
Cheers
Vince

mine does this all i do is take the key out and put it back in and it usually starts doesn't do it all the time though when i scanned the car the fault was something like intermittent immobilizer, asked my mechanic he said it could be the battery that's been taken off possibly try taking it off again and putting it back on properly or its could be the keys that you start the car with if you've got spare keys try using them to see if that works, if none of that works i don't have an clue.

Its either a faulty pickup coil or a dodgy key.

Use your spare key and see if the problem continues, if it does then get the pickup coil changed.

I only have one key :S right pain in the ***

Got a feeling it's the spare to but not to sure if I should have a fob or not, any ideas? It's a r reg.

Cheers lads I'll try the pick up coil I guess,
If I get another key cut what do I do about the chip?

Cheers vince

You need to code the transponder to the car, which requires vagtacho to read the SKC.

Not something i'd want to be doing with a dodgy pickup coil though, so perhaps it's a good idea to change that first to rule it out.

Hope youve sorted it. But if you are still having probs i can offer the removal of the immobiliser from your ecu so it will be free running after that no more immo problems.

Thanks
Vagtronics.co.uk