R32 ARB? benefits?

Dubstep

Reaction score
Hi, im just wondering, what are the benefits of fitting an R32 Anti-roll bar? and is it really necessary to fit adjustable drop links with it?
Cheers

i dont think the drop links will be needed im sure people have used them and found there were gash and used there originals.
r32 arb is a larger bar so will improve handleing is it front or rear bar?

Front or rear, either or. I wish to drop it a comfortable 30-35mm all round, so i was just wondering if it was best practice to change the roll bars and DL's. Ive read that the standard DL's will wear out rather rapid if its lowered too much.

Is there any real advantage to fitting the R32 front ARB vs the stock ARB?

I have Koni yellow shocks, but stock springs.

where is a good place to get a hold of a r32 rear Arb (new) and whats the price range?

Last edited:
VW and its £108.86 inc vat part number 1J0511409K

Oh and obviously some new bushes £3.95 inc vat each 4B0511327

Last edited:
Ive left the standard front and got a r32 19mm rear and i would say its spot on...really handles now..no drop links requierd

Same for me.

Not had too much chance to test it properly so far as it was just fitted on Saturday along with new brakes which i'm still bedding in. Initial impressions are good though!

mrzuzzo -
I wouldn't go for a front R32 ARB without doing the rear too, as front-only will induce more understeer. Rear-only will neutralise the bit of understeer you get as standard. Both R32 ARBs will give you similar balance as standard, but flatter through the corners.
Thus is my understanding anyhow!