Slow drivers who hog the outside land and refuse to move out of the way

Actually there is a slow lane and fast line in the f*cking highway code,,
QUOTE]

would'nt know, ive never read it, i take my information based on what ive learned in the many tests ive sat to keep my IPV driver qualifcations to work on high speed dual carrageways and all motorways, also the hundreds of saftey breifings before commencing work on the motorway and the thousands of times ive dealt with the traffic police when attending accidents over the last 10 years working on the roads,

as for the germans, i found the worst driving in europe was round antwerp and its fcuking ring road.

IMO the motorway should be included in the driving test, its part of a cat C and cat C+E driving test, yes i know learners cant drive on a motorway in leasons but something has to be implimented.

as for some of the replies in this thread, i feel some folk need to have a good look at their life, really would you threaten to beat your wife if she was slow at cooking dinner? or slap your kids because they made you 30 seconds late because they had to pee?
so why is it acceptable to bully slower drivers?

i found the worst driving in europe was round antwerp and its fcuking ring road.

A lot of that is to do with the fact that most men over there drink drive.
It's almost seen as acceptable.
Come 8pm the roads are pretty empty though, so not much else to crash into.

as for some of the replies in this thread, i feel some folk need to have a good look at their life, really would you threaten to beat your wife if she was slow at cooking dinner? or slap your kids because they made you 30 seconds late because they had to pee?
so why is it acceptable to bully slower drivers?

Amen to that.

wow alot of stressed out people in the south of the country.

i dont think i have ever flashed people to get out of the way had a porsche flash me when i was already doing 85mph in the middle lane over taking some on ein the left hand land and the right was clear so wtf.

most people with flash cars who sit on the motorway all day i dont rearly like not jelous they are just purley like a kid acting like the motorway is theres i usually use a roads as motorway bores me to death.

A roads = fun
motorway = board very board extreamly board

thats my 2pence worth

The sad thing for me is that I had attended several fatal accidents where road rage was to blame, an example was not so long ago when transit van was forced of the motorway and up the grass verge, the van overturned and the driver was killed his son who was very badly hurt was is hospital for so long he couldn't even get to his fathers funeral.

The driver of the other van fled after the crash and was arrested in Spain several months later and brought back here for trial.

This happened on the M74 N/B just after junction 7,

Once you see this side of road rage you realise that aggresive driving is not big, it's not clever. Some folk should learn to calm down a bit.

It makes me laugh how some people on here are preaching about not getting annoyed/stressed on the road when being cut up or subjected to dangerous driving..... but yet those same people get stressed about what someone has typed on an internet forum (not necessarily in this thread)! :lmfao:
What an absolute joke!

It makes me laugh how some people on here are preaching about not getting annoyed/stressed on the road when being cut up or subjected to dangerous driving..... but yet those same people get stressed about what someone has typed on an internet forum (not necessarily in this thread)! :lmfao:
What an absolute joke!

Expand

I can't really, not without naming and shaming. (Don't stress though, I'm not referring to you :lmfao:)

But basically it's as expanded as it needs to be. Certain people saying others should chill etc, but yet I've seen them posting (and even PM'ing!) allsorts of rubbish and getting heated with people about trivial and RIDICULOUS stuff written on the forums.

It just makes me giggle.

Someone once told me that bravado (hormones) will get you so far before they get you into ****. It's difficult being a bloke walking around with testosterone coursing through one's veins and resisting the urge to have road rage, kick someone's head in for an infraction on an internet forum, etc. But, fail to control it and Darwinism takes over, which as others have mentioned on this thread, as in the case of road-rage, will get you killed.

And the other thing, buying a diesel helped curb my driving style. It's a much more serene experience than bombing around in my old 1.8TS.

I can't really, not without naming and shaming. (Don't stress though, I'm not referring to you :lmfao:)

But basically it's as expanded as it needs to be. Certain people saying others should chill etc, but yet I've seen them posting (and even PM'ing!) allsorts of rubbish and getting heated with people about trivial and RIDICULOUS stuff written on the forums.

It just makes me giggle.

Think this thread is real life mate not your little internet rows you create all over the place.Your threads are humourous but you do like to bait people ,So Coming from the forum ''troll'' the above comments are hilarious TBH :lmfao:.The best thing to do when you dont see eye to eye with a forum member is to ignore that member .not try to continue all over the place like this ????
Hence my pm to you ? would you like to put it on here?There was nothing untoward in it .Was there?

The guy whose obviously stressed out about his bad driving habbits has vented in the rant thread of the forum ,In fact i think he probably has taken a few hints from this and relaxed a bit .Perhaps you could start a thread yourself ?Title it im a good poster but now and then i get into rows and dont know how to get over it x :p

em i work in traffic management ( the cnuts who put cones out to pis you off! )

LANE 1 = normal driving lane
LANE 2 = overtaking lane
LANE 3 = overtaking lane

THERE IS NO SLOW LANE OR FAST LANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wooooosaaaaaaaaaaaaa.!
Totally agree with you mate, the extra lanes on a motorway are for overtaking!

Actually there is a slow lane and fast line in the f*cking highway code everywhere else in the world and peoples obey's it, it's just the british public has been indoctrinated into thinking it does not exists ! I would make the driving test as hard as a university exam like in germany then tossers would not sit in the fast lane doing the "legal" speed limit. If someone wants to overtake you as you're moving slower than him just move over and let them pass. Some poor drivers are afraid to get off the fast lane as they don't know how to look properly in the mirrors hence they look over their shoulders. Flashing is illegal so you're supposed to put your indicators on and sit paciently behind the car in front untill it's clear and safe to move over, when you have a big merc or bmw doing 250km/h glued up your ar8se you'll move sharpish out of the way, i tell ! you And don't get me strted with the cones...

No offence bud but how long ago was your license issued to you? i say this as nowadays you need to do a theory test where you need to learn that in THIS COUNTRY there is no Fast and slow lanes! I passed about 8 years ago and i clearly remember when i was on my driving lessons i was warned about going onto the middle lane for no reason when there wasnt a car to overtake as an examiner can fail you for it! I have made this point too many times over the last 8 years and have always been backed up by instructors. Yes other countries may have a slow and fast lane but we live in this country with the crappy 3rd world roads.

On the point of slow drivers on wrong lanes... well now you have me started!
yes it probably is true that people around london are hot headed drivers and too damn right we should be! you should see the idiots that drive on these roads! last night i was 'bombing' it down the A406 (north circular) towards the A13 to get to the Dartford crossing and home... some stupid prat in a punto or fiesta (honestly can't remember or be bothered to) was toddling along in the right lane. there were no cars to his left and i had plenty of opportunity to undertake but i didnt want to... so as i approached him he clearly didnt care until i had to slow right down behind him and flashed him... he then slams his brake, moves over and shows me a finger!:mad: im like WTF!!!! it wasnt personal at him that i wanted him to move so whats with the childish gestures?? needless to say i made the next 5 minutes for him difficult:eyebrows: and then put my foot down again and continued my way home. :sm4:

I either drive on the left side of the road and just undertake idiots that stick to the middle lane as i dont see the point in changing 2 lanes to go around them when they cannot be bothered to drive properly or just drive on the right lane and bomb it!

Also yesterday in the day (this one is so dumb!) im driving in west london heading towards park royal from feltham, driving along a dual carriageway and stopped at a traffic light. There was a blue car in front and a red pickup to the left of me. the road ahead goes into a single lane straight after the traffic light so we had to move into a single file. the blue car pulls away from the lights maintaining a 5mph speed (already annoying me) and the red pickup tries to nudge me out the way... i put my foot down and get in front of the red pickup and plan to overtake the blue car and continue at a normal speed of 40mph (current road limit) as im tired of driving at 10mph. the red pickup now decides to try and overtake me whilst i am pulling out to over take the blue car and starts to flash me??? anyway i leave them all behind and carry on driving up the road. get to the next set of lights and the red pickup cuts me up and gets out the car... now the missus starts to panic and tell me to get out of there whilst i am trying to understand what made this guys day so bad that he wants to start on random people on the road?? (honestly could not understand what was up his **** so bad that he acted this way... probably just having a really bad day!)
so i drove around his car and left him standing in the middle of the road shouting his head off, only to see in the mirror that he then started on the blue car when it horned at him to get out of the road... he slammed down on the blue car bonnet with his palms. Blue car driver was not impressed as he then cut up the red pickup and got out... i was too far at this point to care what happened and continued driving to park royal to finish off the lovely day i was having with my lady!

Rant over :drag: feels good getting that out

Guys, life is too short. This is the section of the forum that i enjoy the most, its usually quite entertaining reading, but this thread is getting a little to personal. We all get frustrated at some point when driving especially when we have places to be, but the roads are there or us all to use, some people like to drive a little slower and calmly than others. Speed limits are a recommendation of what is best speed for the road conditions, they are not a target and thus we should all be a little more considerate when using them and not harrass others for being a litte more cautious. Its not about who as the best car, its about safety on the road for all drivers. Ok, rant over.

Think this thread is real life mate not your little internet rows you create all over the place.Your threads are humourous but you do like to bait people ,So Coming from the forum ''troll'' the above comments are hilarious TBH :lmfao:.The best thing to do when you dont see eye to eye with a forum member is to ignore that member .not try to continue all over the place like this ????
Hence my pm to you ? would you like to put it on here?There was nothing untoward in it .Was there?

The guy whose obviously stressed out about his bad driving habbits has vented in the rant thread of the forum ,In fact i think he probably has taken a few hints from this and relaxed a bit .Perhaps you could start a thread yourself ?Title it im a good poster but now and then i get into rows and dont know how to get over it x :p

Exactly... this thread is talking about real life events. People WILL get annoyed and stressed in real life situations, which you appeared to not be able to grasp.

You on the other hand seem to get stressed about things people write on the internet i.e. when you TOTALLY misunderstood a post I made which was giving you the info you wanted and AGREEING with you, and then you decide to post calling me a "snotty ****" etc etc :happy: and allsorts of crap AND THEN PM'ING ME getting all upset and warning me its not "wise" to call you "Stevo", even though your name is Steve :lmfao: (there, I put it out there!).
Not to mention the other little run ins I've seen you have.

My point is, I don't deny/hide the fact that people (and me) can get heated in situations. But you preach all this 'chill out' tripe (lol, even your under your username you're doing it, lol) but proceed to get all steamed up about stuff written on ASN. Just all seemed a bit rich and funny to me.

But if being a "troll" is every so often commenting people who like to say one thing but do the opposite, then I guess I am a troll then.

:rock:

Please can we refrain from going off topic

This looks nothing like Craig David.

forum-troll.jpg

(I've been wanting to post this for ages lol)

What has that got to do with the slow drivers? dont want to get anyone moody but isnt that just pushing this unnecessary childish name calling a bit too far???

Funny pic tho :p

What has that got to do with the slow drivers? dont want to get anyone moody but isnt that just pushing this unnecessary childish name calling a bit too far???

Funny pic tho :p

Your right, its got ****** all to do with lane hoggers or any thing that OP was going on about.
It was my attempt at lightening the mood.

Bit back on topic,
What is everyones view on people that jump from one lane of slow moving traffic to another one during a traffic jam on the motorway?

Last edited:
What is everyones view on people that jump from one lan of slow moving traffic to another one during a traffic jam on the motorway?
Thats okay for me
what I laugh at is a dual carriageway which has roadworks coming up in say 900 yards and everyone is queued up on the left ? not using all the road until the merging of the lanes ?

hahaha craig david all of the above is grossly over exagerated bullderdash

i will now refer to ayethree as craig david .

get over it lad .

Your right, its got ****** all to do with lane hoggers or any thing that OP was going on about.
It was my attempt at lightening the mood.

Bit back on topic,
What is everyones view on people that jump from one lane of slow moving traffic to another one during a traffic jam on the motorway?

Lol I do that all the time :ninja::ninja:

I'm a bit 50%50 on lane jumping.
I guess it all depends on the movement of the traffic.

I agree with Voorhess about people queing a bit to early.
but I feel people wont need to que if every one was curtius (SP) enough to let people in at the very end but they dont, so people are forces to queue.

Good lad x

Although I may not behave like it, I am a man in his early to mid 30's. So can you please stop calling me lad, it's not wise. Please note that I also have anger problems.
Thanks. :racer:

Anyway, back to what makes me annihilate other drivers........

The setting:
Two lanes which will merge into one about 100 yards up the road. (usually a two lane slip road that merges into one lane just before it joins a dual carriage way.)
One lane is filled with stationery/slow moving traffic. The other lane is clear and has cars driving up to the point of the lane merger.

The annoyance:
People who move out of the stationery/slowing moving lane and stop or go slowly in the free lane to prevent cars from driving past and merging further up the road.

Now THAT fills me with uncontrollable rage!

Edit:- Just noticed voorhees's post on the same thing.

Last edited:
I think its the British way that keeps them in the queue miles before it actually merges

Anyway, back to what makes me annihilate other drivers........

The setting:
Two lanes which will merge into one about 100 yards up the road. (usually a two lane slip road that merges into one lane just before it joins a dual carriage way.)
One lane is filled with stationery/slow moving traffic. The other lane is clear and has cars driving up to the point of the lane merger.

The annoyance:
People who move out of the stationery/slowing moving lane and stop or go slowly in the free lane to prevent cars from driving past and merging further up the road.

Now THAT fills me with uncontrollable rage!

Edit:- Just noticed voorhees's post on the same thing.

Haha my brother tried doing this too me the other day on the A2 as it goes into blackwall tunnel (3 lanes into 2) i made him think i was going to undertake him and then went around him anyway...
But seriously ****** me off when people do this!

What about when there is someone on the right lane not going particularly fast and then as you come up behind he slams his brakes to slow you down more? :aggressive:

lol, Flippin heck this thread was a tad heated!

I hate drivers who sit there blocking lanes when there are spaces to move over! As Jase said getting into a queue too early frustrates me and im one that sails past in the free lane....tough!

But you all complain of drivers cutting up and lane hopping but believe me, ive never seen it so bad as on the freeways here! Huge trucks happily cutting drivers up, utes big and small lane hopping from left to right without using mirrors I might add. In places there arnt many manners and its a free for all BUT speed limits are slower here (not that many stick to them!). But what annoys me most are the women drivers (sorry ladies!) who are in the nearside lane on approach to a roundabout and go right!!!!!! Does my head in!!!!!

steve-o-01.jpg

Couldnt help myself :p

That boselecta image lmfao classic

Haha my brother tried doing this too me the other day on the A2 as it goes into blackwall tunnel (3 lanes into 2) i made him think i was going to undertake him and then went around him anyway...
But seriously ****** me off when people do this!

What about when there is someone on the right lane not going particularly fast and then as you come up behind he slams his brakes to slow you down more? :aggressive:

Basically ANYTHING another driver does with the sole intention of controlling the way I drive annoys me.
I can turn a blind eye to bad driving or people cutting me up by mistake, but its when someone intentionally drives in a way to stop me going about my business that I have trouble accepting it.

I mean like "who the hell are you to try and force your opinions of driving's rights and wrongs on to me".

Don't get me wrong, I don't (always) leap out of my car all guns blazing, but I almost always call them a ****** and a ****. And a ********************.
:happy:

I spent 20 minutes last night teaching my 2year old how to say craig david in the bo selecta style! I don't think I ever get mad when driving. Why bother?

Lane 2 drivers do my head in, but im sorry the people who leave it till the last min to get in lane at road works are the people who cause the delay as they have to be let in normally, I always leave a gap so people can merge and not have to slow down or wait to be let in, love it when lorrys straddle lanes to stop people speeding up to the taper. As soon as your within the traffic management you'll be driving at a constantant speed the delay occurs at merge not because people dont use he full capacity available but because they dont get in lane in due time.

Lane 2 drivers do my head in, but im sorry the people who leave it till the last min to get in lane at road works are the people who cause the delay as they have to be let in normally, I always leave a gap so people can merge and not have to slow down or wait to be let in, love it when lorrys straddle lanes to stop people speeding up to the taper. As soon as your within the traffic management you'll be driving at a constantant speed the delay occurs at merge not because people dont use he full capacity available but because they dont get in lane in due time.

Leaving it until the VERY last minute (i.e. you end up with a cone wedged between your wheel and your wheel arch) I agree is not ideal.
But what's the problem with using the lane that is closing/merging right up until the last 10 meters or so?
If the council or whoever didn't want us to use full length of the lane then they would've closed it further back along the road, no?

Also, i've seen it plenty of times where people only queue in one lane and it causes an overspill of traffic into roads/junctions further back. (e.g. a long queue of 100 cars all sitting in one lane, instead of two shorter queues of only 50 cars each).
If cars used both lanes then this wouldn't be less likely to happened.