Rear suspension has become harder

richrich14

Reaction score
Recently when driving with 4 up my suspension feels much harder when hitting some of our bigger potholes. Almost as if it it hitting a bump stop. All parts are standard. Struts and coils seeem fine but could it be worn bushes transferring the bumps into the chassis. if so which bushes are they most likely to be?
RT

It could be bushes, mine used to do it when the back axle bushes were shagged.

My car did that before having colies fitted, now it rides great but, every now and again i get the bang from the rear when going over some types of holes, its usually when both rear wheels go down the same hole. The colies have helped to lesson the impact. Iv been told that its the rear axle bushes worn, so im going to have them replaced.

DC

I've purchased some rear axle bushes and hope to fit them over the next couple of weeks. Is a bush removal tool neccessary? can i make a DIY tool?

Dunno I had mine done when I had all the suspension changed... its an **** of a job from what I've been told though...

I've purchased some rear axle bushes and hope to fit them over the next couple of weeks. Is a bush removal tool neccessary? can i make a DIY tool?

Bushes can be burnt with a torch and the casing can be cut with a hacksaw, you will need the tool to press in the bushes though...Check my sig, i am selling/hiring one...

Last edited: