S3 Alarm prob

ghill

Reaction score
OK...after a few months of tracing a hesitation in engine I've finally got S3 running great. YES!!!!

All pipes now Forge silicon, new coils, new plugs, new N149, new N75, new mass meter, 007 Div valve, re-insulated coil pack wiring...lovely super- smooth power and feels like 270bhp again

A week of perfect driving and now my alarm's going off all the time! Pretty random, often after a day or three of being quiet!

The last few days there's been a weird clicking noise coming from the BOSE subwoofer, or somewhere round there...quite loud, can hear it from outside the car easily.

Recently got new VCDS cable from NHN (which is a joy to use and just works 100% every time unlike the cheapo ebay ones I've had before which wasted lots of my time before being burned) and only fault codes are...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 35: Centr. Locks Labels: 8D0-862-257.lbl
Part No: 8D0 862 257 E
Component: CV-Pump, Alarm, RC D17
Coding: 15178
Shop #: WSC 00444
VCID: 2F6887A2C79B

1 Fault Found:
01134 - Alarm Horn (H12)
49-10 - No Communications - Intermittent

Address 45: Inter. Monitor Labels: 4B0-951-173.lbl
Part No: 4B0 951 173
Component: Innenraumueberw. D03
Coding: 00001
Shop #: WSC 00000
VCID: E0CAB49E4AC5

1 Fault Found:
01378 - Ultra Sonic Sensor for Alarm System; Right (G171)
31-00 - Open or Short to Ground

Cardiff Audi have quoted approx £500 for these two parts!

I've seen reports of leaking alarm horn batteries and will swap the parts if I know where they are.

Tonite I dismantled half of the boot while alarm was screaming but then it got dark and alarm stopped!!! LOL ... My car has a great sense of humour and is now unlocked on driveway!!!!

Firstly, can anyone let me know where the above parts are located and secondly do you think this is what's making alarm cry out in middle of the night...or maybe a battery prob not showing up on VCDS????

Tonight the alarm was screaming and wouldn't even shut off when I clicked the key fob!!!!...until I opened the boot/door

I don't think she likes the 4 new Falken 452's I put on today!

I can live without an alarm!!! Is there an easy way to disconnect it?

Last edited:
The alarms in the boot inside the near side hatch, IIRC you can access it by removing the rear light rather than stripping down the panel, if you do a search something will come up as its quite a common fault and I seem to recall a few posts recently about it.

e2a: I'm pretty sure you can get the batterys from maplins quite cheaply.

ok cheers - looked like getting the light off was the best way to get in there and I'll get back onto it tmrw.

all quiet now! removed the alarm horn which was buzzing to itself so pretty sure this was the cause of the problem.

Rear light off the only way to get at it as far as I can see

please can my car now behave for a few months!!!