Just bought this

thats the one ive got! great kit. only promlem is that it doesnt come with a map sensor blank so you will have to find something to blank it off with, i think im right in sayign agu's done have map sensors in the standard intercoolers anyway!

other than that its so straight forward you wont need any help mate, the hardest part is getting it to sit straight and shaving the crapola out of your lower grilles!

That's great news, thanks. Well I'm off for 10 days from work as of Friday so that will keep me busy. Do you notice much difference with a fmic fitted?
Thanks again for you help mate

well thats a ****** isn't it! i'm bidding/watching that! and the funker hasn't even ended the auction. i hate ebay at times!

That's great news, thanks. Well I'm off for 10 days from work as of Friday so that will keep me busy. Do you notice much difference with a fmic fitted?
Thanks again for you help mate

Always bear in mind that a front mount WON'T give you extra power - it will simply help you to prolong the usable time for what you already have.

You will notice stronger power in hotter weather, as the side mounts won't be getting heat saturated.

yup what welly said!

just take your time with it and dont get confused with the pipework! lol take it for a quick blast before you put your bumper back on if its safe to do so just so you dont have to remove the bumper again to get to an annoying boost leak!!!

Yes deffo take it for a spin before washing your hands, and having a beer/cig......mine blew off straight away as the T bolt clamps are hard to judge when tight the first time...

Got a quick question regarding the fitting. I have installed a baileys dump valve on the intercooler pipe and blocked off where the standard Diverter Valve goes. When I install the intercooler where would I then put the dump valve?
Thanks

Leave it in the same place mate. The DV goes onto the intake pipe from the airbox into the turbo...so its the wrong side of the turbo to have anything to do with the front mount!.

Or are you trying a cold side conversion for the DV?

Pics would help

fmdvrlk.jpg
http://img862.imageshack.us/i/fmdvrlk.jpg/
that's where I have the dump valve currently but without the relocation pipe. I cut the original pipe and used that.
fmdvrlk.jpg

Last edited:
just keep it where it is and block off the DV pipe on the new intercooler pipework

Ah i get what you mean! You get a silicone throttle body pipe in with the kit!

No you dont have to but you will get better results when you do get it mapped