A4 DIS MPG problem

Hedley88

Get some Nuts!
Reaction score
Evening all

this is my first thread on the forum so please be nice lol,

I have tried searching for the problem with no luck so your help would be appriciated

I have just recently bought a 53A4 Cab 3l Quattro and have to say I really like it. but I have a problem, the DIS instant MPG constantly shows 200mpg which means my average mpg is showing 200 as well and it tells me I have 1250 miles left even if I have a half a tank (I wish it was true)

Thanks for you help

Regards

Dan

Might be worth holding down the rectangular button under the right hand stalk to reset the trip computer readings and see if it recalibrates iteslf....

Tried disconnecting the Battery to clear the memory?

Bit drastic, but might work!

Tried disconnecting the bat for 30mins and still didnt work, Any more ideas?

Hi mate
hi
Have you got this sorted yet as I think I have a similar issue except my dis tells me my mpg is terrible?
Would be good to know if and how you resolved as I am looking for a solution and it would be interesting to hear about your issues with this.
Cheers.

I think there's a way of recalibrating the mpg useage through VAGcom, have you tried researching that? Maybe on the Rosstech website?

Scan your car with VAG-COM there may be a faulty fuel sensor of some description - should think it will show up under the Instrument Cluster module.

Recalibration of mpg on DIS here
Also worth checking what value you currently have stored in Channel 3 of the Instrument Cluster [Module 17] just in case a bad figure is messing up the displayed "mpg" value.

Scan your car with VAG-COM there may be a faulty fuel sensor of some description - should think it will show up under the Instrument Cluster module.

Recalibration of mpg on DIS here
Also worth checking what value you currently have stored in Channel 3 of the Instrument Cluster [Module 17] just in case a bad figure is messing up the displayed "mpg" value.

thanks mate- i assume the vagcom is mainly carried by private garages and obviously the dealers- so i may have to hold on and either find someone who has one or get audi to check it on my next service. Fingers crossed it will be a simple case of just a reset or clearing the readings etc.

cheers fo that.

VAGCOM or VCDS is mainly held by private individuals, with a vested interest in their cars (and saving money against Dealer prices!)

If you go into the VCDS Forum on this site, you should see a link to a Map, showing who has access in your area - PM them for assistance and for a small donation, most people would be happy to help.

I'm in North Kent if that's any help LOL

Thanks dilligaf- north Kent- that's only 200+ miles from me- but I would be happy for you to help- of course- for a SMALL donation..... Lol.

I will see whos in my area-Cheers mate.

Thanks for all Ur help I will look to see if anyone has one in my area.

Regards

Dan

Thanks for all Ur help I will look to see if anyone has one in my area.

Regards

Dan