Clean Engine

PaulHH

Reaction score
This may seem strange but does anyone ever Power Wash your Engine Bay. Mine looks unclean but not sure about jet washing.

What do you all think?

noooooooooooo

the bloke i use sprays some stuff on and just rinses it
never would power wash it

I use Autoglym machine de-greaser,it comes in a trigger bottle, spray it on, agitate with a small paintbrush
to get in the nooks and crannys, rinse off carefully with a hose pipe..
Job done

Elbow Grease.

What our engine bay's look like after a vist to PRD.

DSC_1096.jpg

DSC_1097.jpg

Wow, those engine bays are impressive, just wish I was a bit closer to you, your elbow grease is better than mine!! but too far
for a quick pop down.

I'll have a look for Autoglym machine de-greaser and give it a go.

Cheers for your help

TIP.. Use 100% acid free product's.

Thanks we remove /unclip as many part's as we can in the engine bay before we start to clean. 4 hour's in total.

You can power wash your engine, just at a low pressure (if your washer has variable pressure) and not directly into any electrics obviously.
I do mine regularly, using Megs super degreaser and agitate with a brush then a low pressure rinse. I dress all the plastic/rubber with autogleam.
Check out the detailing section on here, you will see all the pro's do it the same way.

Some / most detailer's will like you say use pressure washer's to speed up the detailing process and yes it work's a treat if the engine bay is dirty but for me it's all about detail. All the car's we do at PRD are treated the same regardless.

11 Year old polo.

IMG_2846-2.jpg

This is booked in also. NO POWER WASH on this .

Photo0205-1.jpg

Last edited:
If only you guys were nearer that's some cracking work!