coil pack gone? warning light came on

mewstar

Reaction score
After searching on here im thinking i have a coil pack gone.
On the way home tonight, the yellow engine outline warning light came on (checked book and its the emission control).
Yet my car seems to drive ok, no probs.

Will driving with a dodgy coil pack do any harm/damage? as I need to go out again tonight and work tomorrow.

if its a coilpack it will run crap and missing
the waening light flashes when a pack goes
best thing to do is get it scanned for faults

yea that doesnt sound like a coilpack.... i had one fail on me this week and the car ran like a crock of sh*t!! shaking all over the place, would hardly rev... not that i wanted to even risk it!
need to get it checked asap as you dont want to run the risk of doing any damage

if youve got rac membership give them a call as they can scan the codes for you

if the light is always on then give them a call and they will let you know what the code is, when mine had the misfire the emissions light was off and they couldnt pull a code, as soon as the light was back on they got the code, bit daft really

Yes it is permanently on. Just nipped out again, did 6 miles and still on
I will try the RAC when I get to work tomorrow :)

UPDATE:
incase any one else has this prob....

Rang the RAC (Big thanks Jungleman) they came and read the codes, and its error code: 17863 (Exhaust Gas Temp Sensor)

Thing is now i dont know if the sensor is faulty, or if not what's causing the problem.

So i got him to reset it, and gonna see if it comes back on

Just for reference, if it was the coilpack, you are not supposed to drive as the unburnt neat fuel ruins the CAT very quickly.

Dave