A3 1.8T SPORT PASSENGER WINDOW

beanyboy

Reaction score
Hi all, i have a problem with my passenger electric window!! When i put the window down it wont go up again without me having to get my girlfriend to press the button and me pushing on the window until it goes back up but this normally takes ages and alot of hassle!! Ive been told its the regulator but also on other sites that new blocks may be the answer and alot cheaper!! Can anyone shed any light please?

hi mate, ive been there and done that with my old a3 and my brother's mk4 golf this morning funnily enough! the regulator clips could be on their way out. its a doddle to take off the door card and inner panel to have a look. the new metal clips im picking up tomorrow morning (damn this bank holiday!) i'll give u a bit more info when im done tomorrow.

hi mate, update! went down to vw this morning to be told they no longer do the regulator repair kit, just the whole damn window regulator: £83.00 including vat! on the plus side it's a very, very easy job to do.

hi mate, update! went down to vw this morning to be told they no longer do the regulator repair kit, just the whole damn window regulator: £83.00 including vat! on the plus side it's a very, very easy job to do.

Whaaat! They having you on! Just got 2 regulator clips off Audi today about £5 + vat. You sure you got the correct part number? IIRC its an A6 part.
If they refuse to sell it you, go on ebay its about £10 there. £83! thats just daylight robbery...

I have 4 clips here i got them about 2 months ago easy to fit and cost about £10 + for 4 of them i will give you the part number here we are 4b0837463b any more info just ask

Thanks for the reply mate will try audi tomorrow!!!

No probs mate i hate it when people dont help you with a write answer :)

Hi again!! Not sure if you have come across this but i also have a problem with my passenger door!! When i close the door the red light on the lower inside of the door stays on and then if i lock the car using the remote the alarm goes off?? The door seems to be closed but obviously there is a problem, this is also worse when the weather is hotter?? Also my glove box has been broken both the clips that are mounted in the main dash have been snapped and i wondered if you knew if just the clips can be replaced?? Sorry its alot but didnt no if you could help?? Many Thanks Darren

That is only ment to stay on if you push it,it deactivates the motion sensors inside the car for dogs kids or any other moving thing,hope this help as for the glove box just go to a local scrap yard any other probs let us no.

Ive just bought a pair of said blue window clips off e-bay there is a guys selling all sorts of window parts for loads of manufacters cost £9.99 with free postage for two (brand new). I replaced both clips on both doors of my A3 windows yesterday. Little tip when removing the door frames mark around the bolts to save time line the window frame back up!