Intermittent bulb warning message

phoenixv6quattro

staylowmovefast
Reaction score
Hello guys. I introduced myself a while back as my mrs has a b6 avant 3ltr quattro sport....There is a prob with the warning system for a blown bulb. The message will appear intermittently informing us of a bulb failure when infact nothing has blown. So far it has done it with the rear nearside brakelight and the daytime driving light. Has anyone had this problem, and if so what was the prob?

Ollie

tajke the bulbs out and clean the contacts
should sort it out

Only done of late in cold weather or for a while?

Anyone been messing with the cars coding?

Cheers Guys. No, nobody has been messing with the coding. We bought it from the dealership (taken in for part ex on a 10 plate s5) a few months back and it as been good as gold with a full AUDI SH....As a matter of fact yes, it has only started in the past few weeks when the extreme cold weather started. Funny you should mention that, what do you think it is?

I've seen this a few times on the B5 when the brake bulbs are about to blow.

Was in mums car and it flashed up a few times. I checked and the bulbs were all working, then two days later it failed the MOT for a blown brake bulb.
Craigs S4 was doing it for a while and again changing the bulbs sorted it.

Would be worth refitting the bulbs as above and cleaning the contacts to see if that helps.

Yeah I was gonna say scratch the bulb contacts & the socket contacts, with the battery disconnected or fuse out so not to short, also if disconnecting battery, make sure you have radio code, unless you have an rns which remembers the last vin plugged into.