New MAF but g/s still low

Jade S3

270bhp 13.6 1/4 mile
Reaction score
Hello guys, im new here, been browsing over 2 and a half years ago though, alot of great cars and people here. My MAF used to flow between 183-189g/s before, then i fitted a new bosch maf and its still the same, what could be wrong? .
Its clamped tight, screws are tight, airbox is clipped in properly. No boost leaks, tests were done to redline in 3rd gear, oem maf housing, standard fpr. Thanks

Boost is at 1.5 Bar/22 psi, very little timing pull. Only fault code is a G235 EGT sensor implausible signal intermittent, engine temp gauge was at 90 deg. Had enough fuel, ESP was off. Air filter is a new oem unit

I've done logs, wont be able to post it now. No the dv is in full recirc. , aquamist is setup perfect.

Injector size is on the pump and thats behind the bumper lol, i run a 70% methanol mix with 30% water, cant switch it off because the map is aggressive and it will pull alot of timing. Btw the dv is set at 28 clicks and thats perfect on my car

The unitronic dealer here says it wont, why would it hold back airflow yet give full boost/timing, its strange. The car supposed to be flowing 200+ g/s, sorting out the EGT next week

VCDS.... display groups 034, 043 and /or 046, channel 2 will give you sensor output... depending on revs can read from 350degC to 700degC
apparantly If a sender fails, the charge pressure is reduced to a safe level and an emergency enrichment characteristic (engine speed-dependent) is used.

Last edited:
Drives lovely, killed some pretty impressive cars with it. Launches great and still pulls strong in 6th, revs up quick and covers ground fast

Its nasty on fuel, before i would get 1100km on a tank, now i dont even see half of that

Its nasty on fuel, before i would get 1100km on a tank, now i dont even see half of that

Hmmmm. EGT is a very important piece of kit on the wideband cars. It not working properly may well have this effect.

I'd deffo start with fixing the known faults.