UH OH

S4twiggy

Fully Certified Detailer!!
Reaction score
well my monday started good leaving wales at 5am on my way north to get swissvax certified and on the M1 about 50 miles away from where i needed to be at 7.40am 3 dough balls of men in front of me were braking very hard so i do the same and i tap the rear bumper of the mondeo in front of me and low and behold a golf slams into the tow hitch on the back of the car and slams me into the car in front so i was a mondeo and golf sandwich, his front end was ******** as that tow hitch is a hefty piece of kit and the tow hitch on the mondeo went straight through my radiator so i was ******** on the side of the M1 with a smashed front end, oh and its not my S4 its my mums A4 diesel i borrowed:sadlike: eventually got home at 7.45pm last night over 12hours after i was hit. if it werent for that ****** golf it would have been a tapped bumper and we could have made our way where ever we were going. FOOKING GOLF, anyway my mum was cool about it and i think the shock of it was worse than the car, hopefully it not a write off but the damage i can see is, Bonnet, Bumper, Rear quarter, Rear bumper, Bootlid, might need new exhaust, elctrics failed a couple hours after the accident but could be battery, fuel gauge showed 0 but had 3/4 of a tank so not sure if its electrics or tank has busted. i will only know once its been inspected to the full extent of the damage. not as bad as i first thought as it was dark when it happened but still not good considering its not my car huh!!! atleast it weren my S4 thats all i can say. but i was stranded in leceister and needed to get back to south wales. cheers mum for picking me up and cant believe i didnt get a smash round the head:slapped:

heres the pics
Photo0208.jpg

Photo0209.jpg

Photo0210.jpg

Photo0211-1.jpg

Photo0212-1.jpg

Photo0213-1.jpg

Photo0215.jpg

Photo0216.jpg

not had a good year in 2010 so hopefully that was the end of my bad luck and roll on 2011.

PEACE!!!!!!!

At least you walked away and made it home. I guess thats all thats all thats important.
Shame on the motor but hopefully its just surfice damage and they dont write it off.

Did you get the car towed home?
Check the boot floor and the location where the towbar mounts to the body. That could be hiding even more damage. :(
Did you make it to swissvax in the end?

Sorry to hear that mate.

I have to say looking at the damage it does look like a write off as far as an insurance company is concerned. Fixable sure, but the insurance co will base the repair costs on using brand new panels, and the cost of that, plus labour fixing that rear quarter etc will probably push it into the uneconomical to repair territory. :(

My brother had a small dent to the rear quarter of his S4 repaired under insurance after a guy reversed into it in a car park, and the cost of that job was nearly a grand! Thats without any new panels etc!

didnt look under boot fllor to see if anything has been twisted but im sure its a write off like aragorn said.

didnt make it to swissvax so ill be doin it on 24th of january now one day after my birthday so lets hope i have more luck next year huh!!

how much do you think my mum would get for the car bottom book on one of these??

Mate, I feel for you. My mrs took someone from behind :wacko: back in march and here is the damage she did. Technically a write off, slightly worse than yours at the front, but no rear damage. I'd say you need new headlights too, £130 each i seem to remember, possible fog lights, rad etc, it mounts up so fast. :sorry: I guess you have to be glad you weren't hurt (or that it wasn't your S4 as mentioned)

4680992293_5a3a9301bc.jpg

Seeing your mum's car actually made my heart skip a beat reminding me of all the hassle mine caused. Mine there was technically a write-off, and was a lot of persuasion getting it back. Looking back I should have probably accpeted the payout. They were offering about 4.5k i seem to remember, but that was with no bartering. I really wanted to keep it though so fought for it as I looked hard and struggled to find another like it for decent money. Reckon had I gone for a pay out I could have got 5k from my insurance company.

Mine is a 1.9tdi SE model, your mums looks like the sport, and a year newer so worth more i bet. I want her wheels though! :p

EDIT: Just noticed the rear quarter damage...I'd be amazed if this wasn't a write-off, sorry dude!!! Hope 2011 is better for you.

Last edited:
Ouch, Glad your okay.. Good luck with your insurance company I always fine them a pain in the ****.

**** luck that
i hate seeing smashed up cars
and as already said thats a write off sorry .

same happened to me but I was standstill on the M4, definite right off as you have folded the crumple zones in the rear quarters so I doubt either one is straight.

same happened to me but I was standstill on the M4, definite right off as you have folded the crumple zones in the rear quarters so I doubt either one is straight.

Yep - sorry to say, but once the rear quarter panels are crumpled, it will need a new bodyshell - so it's deffo a 'uneconomical to repair' write off. Looks like a 2.5 QS - maybe £6k bottom book?? Good starting point to barter.

Yep - sorry to say, but once the rear quarter panels are crumpled, it will need a new bodyshell - so it's deffo a 'uneconomical to repair' write off. Looks like a 2.5 QS - maybe £6k bottom book?? Good starting point to barter.
yes mate its the 2.5 TQS(180) just got off the phone to my insurance and it might take some time to get this **** sorted now.