Project Build S3 FAK

Liking this build.
Have you decided on internal/external wastegate yet? With the 3071 youll have a nice 400bhp monster there and with the stroker kit itll be awesome on the road!

Is the head getting work done? p+p? new guides? new valvetrain?

Love this, it aint a million miles away from what im doing at the minute...

Liking this build.
Have you decided on internal/external wastegate yet? With the 3071 youll have a nice 400bhp monster there and with the stroker kit itll be awesome on the road!

Is the head getting work done? p+p? new guides? new valvetrain?

Love this, it aint a million miles away from what im doing at the minute...

Ian howel will be doing some head work for me... ill be ordering new valves, springs, guides etc etc

As for turbo still not made mind up.. most likely internal as i`ll change manifold when funds allow,

You can get any Garrett turbocharger you want with the KKK flange on the turbine housing. I assume thats an MTM/Dahlback turbo manifold on there. We ran those kits 5-6 years ago and modified T3 turbine housings to be able to use them on the builds after the KKK units **** the bed.
Let me know if you need any help with that.

The turbo is now sorted..

BUT im looking for valvetrain stuff now.. valves, springs, etc etc

Will be a GT3071 which ian is sourcing for me.. I have really left it to him to sort, i told him what i want from engine. This guy really knows his stuff

Managed to source a different brake setup for now so my Movit Brake setup is up for sale..

Well been a while since i updated on whats happening

Ordered all my Valves, retainers and springs last night.. sent my big port head off to have a lil porting done by Ian Howel..

Meanwhile few little pics of detail i had done..

Big thanks to Matt @ Ultimatecarcare in Lincoln

133201_133861556670512_124363634286971_213641_2304376_o.jpg

54972_133861866670481_124363634286971_213645_7299600_o.jpg

54487_133861670003834_124363634286971_213643_7422047_o.jpg

55224_133861253337209_124363634286971_213639_6959101_o.jpg

Will be a GT3071 which ian is sourcing for me.. I have really left it to him to sort, i told him what i want from engine. This guy really knows his stuff

is this your man
(picture edited away now, in case he's bashfull :p )

Look forward to hearing how it all goes..
should be nice

Last edited:
Yep thats ian... lol.... sure he will be well happy with that pic..

Well my sachs 4 paddle plate showed today

IMG00228-20110107-1813.jpg

hmmm just like yours.. lol.. Same setup which is already in car which mtm used for original conversion..

Also went to look at how my bumper is looking.. I sent it to Ultimate Carcare in Lincoln to have the centre cut out as the cooler only gets air at bottom..
Now its been cut out in middle, must admit I was a little worried on what it would look like.. but ill give it too matt it looks awesome.. using the middle section from a scooby to box it back in but still has the OE look.

Ill pop get one in next few days..

Yep thats ian... lol.... sure he will be well happy with that pic..

Well my sachs 4 paddle plate showed today

its on his website post on fiesta's... lol
if he's bashfull I guess he should'nt have posted it in the first place - lol

Cant wait to see pics of the bumper pat, been considering doing this myself.

Matt has chopped out all the area where number plate sits.. Then he found an old impreza front bumper laying about.. hes used the centre section and flushed it into mine.. it really does look like an O.E finish.. I was worried it would have the "chav look" but i really think hes pulled in off..

I wanted to keep the car a sleeper really but i need as much air going through cooler so had to loose a lil of OE look..

Never seen it before...

Well heres a quick pic of bumper so far... still got plenty of work to be done to it...

IMG00232-20110111-1455.jpg

Last edited:
Well heres a quick pic of bumper so far... still got plenty of work to be done to it...

IMG00232-201101-1455.jpg

looks good to me, you still going to run a front plate?
i had my headlight washers smoothed out, and also the join from the top half of the bumper to the bottom

off topic but why r888 on an s3! I don't get it ^.

I would run Toyo 888's if i could afford them.
The diffrence in the dry is great and with the haldex doing its thing they are ok in the wet too.

Also the above car has no fogs...
Is it an A3?

Surgestions on number plate relocation???

We actualy stenciled a number plate onto the front of an intercooler once,
It looked great and realy never gave any problems from the law or mot man either.
Just an option...