2004 Pre-facelift to facelift?

karbonk

Living a little!
Reaction score
Hi chaps. Looking to part my recently damaged, split grill 2004 pre-facelift for the facelift 05-08 front bumper & single grill.

I am aware of having to change the following:

1. Front Bumper + Single Grille
2. Bonnet

Questions is:
Is this all that is needed? and will it fit straight on with the present fog lights being in the same place?

Can I also use the same fog light vent grills? If not does anyone have a price/ part number as I can seem to find them. They are not even listed on eBay (well I certainly could find them) only the same ones as I have and they are listed as 05-08, hence why I am thinking they are the same but when looking at pics of the facelift they look totally different.

I have posted the needed parts in the Wanted section, which some may have missed. So if anyone has any of the parts above that they wish to part out, let me know. I am after Dolphin Grey, but may consider other colours if the price is right as I need to take into account they need to be resprayed.

TIA,

Last edited:
There's quite a few threads on this. Very surprised you couldn't find the answers you're looking for.

Anyhow, if you're swapping to a Sport bumper then you only need the parts you've listed. Fog lights and surrounds are the same. If you want to fit and S3 or S-Line you'll need more than that.

Best of luck. Don't forget photos when you're done.

PS - don't bother searching part numbers on eBay. Ppl in the UK are too lazy for that. german eBay on the other hand...

Thanks for Confirming. I have been searching no end but only seem to have come across Pre-facelift to S-Line conversions on here and have never found the right answer about the fogs/ fog covers remaining the same.

I have been offered a front bumper/ no grill for £40 + delivery and bonnet £70 + delivery. Both the wrong colour, so needing a respray. Does this sound around right?

Re: Grills. I see a fair few cheaper non OEM bumpers New for £35-£40. What is the fitment and quality like? Is a Genuine the best route?

Last edited:
Some of the A4 fogs will fit the S Line bumper but as said before the sport bumper will take your existing fogs. But if you are going S3 like I did, you will need completely different fogs amd surrounds.

Prices you have been quoted sound good if they are genuine OEM parts. Respray shouldnt be too much.

I would always stick to OEM parts for excellent fitment. Some guys have used the FK grill and had no issues.

Good luck with your conversion.

soz for hijacking this thread but does anybody know where apart from audi i can get a single grill bonnet and how much they are from audi and other places in doing this mod next year (hopefully) cheers

soz for hijacking this thread but does anybody know where apart from audi i can get a single grill bonnet and how much they are from audi and other places in doing this mod next year (hopefully) cheers

My 2006/55 S-Line front end might be up for sale by then... You'll know if it is, I'll have made a build thread. I'll make sure you get dibs... if you want it that is!

S.

you considereing selling up again subby, finally jumping to the s3 when the prices come down due to the rs3?

you considereing selling up again subby, finally jumping to the s3 when the prices come down due to the rs3?

Nah if I sell up I'll go for an RS3 myself. But at the moment thinking of staying put and just swapping front ends.

If I go for the parts on eBay and sell my own front end I'll break even. So all I'll have to pay for is spraying the front end which isn't very much. Can think about xenons later