Removing Audi Symphony / dodgy removal keys or me ?

MingeBlue

Reaction score
I need to remove my Audi Symphony I bought the 4 x removal keys off ebay to do it but Im struggling with getting the keys to work and Im not sure if its me doing it wrong or the keys are cr*p. Im putting the keys in the correct way but at the moment only 1 key seems to lock firmly in place and I cant get it out, the other 3 seems to lock in place but when I pull them to get the stereo out they keys just come out. I checked the keys and they are the correct ones for the stereo, so not sure if Im doing something wrong, is there a technique I should use to get the keys in or could it just be the case they keys I bought off ebay are badly made so dont work ?

I think you have to push the keys sideways, towards the doors, ant then pull on the HU. That's how i got mine out anyway

The clips on the side of the unit may be bent out of shape which may well be the reason the key won't dislodge them.

I have the same problem so if you find a solution let us know.

Its possibly one of the hardest things i have done. might be wise to remove the glove box so you can try and push it from the back. Dosent make much of a difference though. In the end i have just left the stock stereo in along with the 6 cd changer

i had this same issue and now i put them in, if they dont click then i take them out and reapply.... trial and error but i have mastered it now, if the clips are released then it will simply fall out.....pushing from the back whilst the clips aren't properly disengaged will do nothing...pointless removal of the glovebox (i did that the first time too)

I had this problem of the keys not engaging properly. TBH there is no fix other than persisting with wiggling them about in the slot & applying pressure to the keys in various directions until they engage. Its frustrating but I eventually got mine out! I thought I had the wrong keys too!