Need some help... Headlight retrofit...

I agree with you 100%... I'll have to buy an original one, because i'm tired of these counterfit sh***i problems...

Why oh why does the error only appears on the right side as the connections are the same on both sides...

Then go buy 1 already, buy 1 from me :)

Possibly due to the coding, as I said you need to check the wiring everywhere thats relevant & then coding in the afs module & the other modules like 09 that tells the car the type of headlights fitted.

Hi there,

So today i've put my hands to the job...
I bought a new ballast as i was thinking the error was due to the ballast and not wiring.
So changed the ballast and for my surprise the error was gone... Now i get erros regarding the coding of 55 module.
So tryed to recode and it says "Coding rejected - error unknown"... Errr... Strangely i swaped the headlight type on 09 to bi-xenon with separate DRL's (as i was coded the 09 for bi-xenon without the additional hi-beam and no DRl's) now the error dissapeared from the DIS !!! But no AFS works...
Still haven't done basic settings as i can't recode the module...
CAn you help on the coding problem?

Best regards

Well, thats at least progress!

i'd have thought you have bi-xenon with separate DRLs? You have you bi-xenons & the separate RU382 bulb which is your DRL? (not LED DRLs as the facelift has)

Well, thats at least progress!

i'd have thought you have bi-xenon with separate DRLs? You have you bi-xenons & the separate RU382 bulb which is your DRL? (not LED DRLs as the facelift has)

Yes i have separate DRl's (normal bulb) but one headlight has one missing and has a little cap instead :S So i did not coded with separate DRl's. But went out for a drive and the eror after connecting and trying to recode did appera agais on DIS...
But the problem now is that i can't recode the 55... I'm desperate...

one missing & a cap instead????? That doesnt sound right, any pics of it?

Yes here you go:

dscf3044y.jpg

Notice the small cap? I have to buy the bulb and holder and hope not too much rewire inside the headlight :S
Khufu any ideas on coding error?
I'd hope NHN gave me a light n this as i've seen an user here that facelifted his car and had the same issue...

Huh, small cap, somethings not right.

Huh, small cap, somethings not right.

Yes. Lol.

I know that there are headlights with this, namely from the cars sold in Japan (i think). Or maybe this is a refurbished headlight and the guy that made teh repair didn't want to spend more and didn't put in the DRL...
I'm not worried about that... The only thing bugging me is that i can't recode 55 and now it as a code 0000255 instead of the one it had before i changed the ballast... :think:

Hi,

I had another 55 module (one of many i've bought :mad:) from a TT, and as i connected the module it has been reprogramed to that 0000255 coding :w00t:
Still couldn't code this one also...
Changed back to the one i had before.
I'm desperate... 0

Hold on 1 minute, did you say you didnt have auto levelling fitted because you said you had xenons with levelling then further down you said no levelling, so which is it?

Last edited:
I have lights... :)

Don't have auto leveling and no cornering... Bi-xenon works normally, but the pita error on the DIS is fecking anoying... :/

Ah he meant he couldnt get that working either, gotcha, sorry its late.

Can you list all your module part numbers, so thats levelling, central electrics, headlights, gateway, just tryng to see where your issue is as for me it has to be a module or wiring errors.

So tell me, does the levelling module let you login with security access or does it not allow this?

Can you list all your module part numbers, so thats levelling, central electrics, headlights, gateway, just tryng to see where your issue is as for me it has to be a module or wiring errors.

So tell me, does the levelling module let you login with security access or does it not allow this?

Leveling is 4L0907357 with software 4L0910357 dating from 09. It was from an A3 8P cabrio
CE is a K rev. I also have some issues regarding the coding on CE. Ther's something on byte 1 regarding xenon headlighs and other on byte 2 i think regarding xenon-shutter without shutter installed (bi-xenon)... Don't know what's the right one for bi-xenon...
Gateway is an AD version i recently bought, but this error also appeared on the previous gateway...
Headlights both have a ballast 8E0 941 329, only one dif one is H02 (the one i already had) and the one i put on recently is H03.
I noticed that before the right ballast didn't appear on VCDS, intead of the PN some ---- appeared. Now everything is detected.

It let's me do the sec access no problem with 02000. But when i go to coding and try to replace the 0000255 code with the A3 8p 0000020 it says what i posted above...

"Coding rejected"
"Error 78: unknown"

The faults that appear on the 55 only reffer to coding now. Before i had a comunication problem with the right ballast that was defective.
Now the faults are:

01539 - Headlights Not Adjusted
005 - No or Incorrect Basic Setting / Adaptation - MIL ON

01042 - Control Module; Not Coded
000 - - - MIL ON

02658 - Power Output Stage for Left Headlight (J667); Not Coded
000 - - - MIL ON

02659 - Power Output Stage for Right Headlight (J668); Not Coded
000 - - - MIL ON

Don't know why on earth i can't code this biatch :confused:

Hi,

So today i stumbled on a pic on aour Portuguese audi forum and noticed a different beam pattern from a friend with an A3 bi-xenon... Went for a little search on the net and found the damned with the small cap left headlight is from a RHD!!!! Jesus what more can happen to me?!? Now i have one right headlight with LHD configuration and other with RHD...
Is there anyway i can change this without having to switch the entire headlight?
I also seen a headlight on the bay but with no controllers and lamps

Original Audi A3 (8P) Xenon Frontscheinwerfer links bei eBay.de: Lichter Leuchten (endet 24.01.11 11:11:51 MEZ)

This one above. Can i switch all the internals from mine to this? Is the lens going to be correct for LHD?

Best regards and sorry for being such a pita... :(

What are your headlight part numbers.

I cant be ***** to read it all again, so have you tried coding as say another chassis, did you do the basic setting 1st without coding to see if it requires this 1st.

What are your headlight part numbers.

I cant be ***** to read it all again, so have you tried coding as say another chassis, did you do the basic setting 1st without coding to see if it requires this 1st.

I've tried to do the basic settings recoding everything and no change.
I'm going to try and use a diff VCDS.

My headlights PN are

8P0 941 003 S and 8P0 941 004 S, but as i said one has a RHD beam pattern.
Mainly i have these beam patterns:

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/4088/img0429ot.jpg

The right one is correct, but the left is for RHD...

Nope those part numbers are definitely lhd headlights, so either someones been tampering or you have made mistakes somewhere.

You mean a genuine vcds.

Last edited:
Nope those part numbers are definitely lhd headlights, so either someones been tampering or you have made mistakes somewhere.

You mean a genuine vcds.

Yes i know they are, but i suspect that the left one has been repaired and they by mistake put in the projector/lens of a RHD... Notice that it's the one with a cap instead of DRL.
But i do not think the proble lies in the headlight, i think it's from my VCDS...
Once more yes i need a genuine, but these are hard times and € are not abundant :(
I need to buy a left headlight. Do you think 475€ (roughly 397£) is a fair price?

Hard times but can afford to do the mods you're doing, pull the other leg mate lmfao.

Hard times but can afford to do the mods you're doing, pull the other leg mate lmfao.

If you take a look i'm only trying to make my invested € (headlights) to work... :(
Not actualy investing. Only investment will be another headlight...
But once again you're right. When i have teh chance i'll buy one and you know who will sell me one :)
Do you really think it's because of the VCDS being an older version 805.1.

Regards.

Hi there people.

So tryed to code fecking module and now the error is "Coding rejected. Error 31: Out of range"
Damn i'm getting a bit tired of this... The coding i'm trying to input is 0000020 and now keeps telling that it's out of range...
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRR.... The code stored is 0000255.

Any ideas people? I'm gettin desperate. It's been a while since i purchased these damned headlights (09/2009) and still haven't got them to work properly :(

Best regards.

Did you attempt to code it as say a TT or another car?

Do a complete scan of the car including adaptations channels & fault codes, then post a link to download that txt file, dont post the full log on here as it will be way to long.

Also, the out of range would symbolise its not accepting the coding for maybe a few reasons, 1st maybe it appears to be incorrect, your telling the module its an 8P but something on the car is disagreeing, 2nd its not communicating properly with say the headlights or another module involved, so either another module is incorrectly coded or something is amiss with wiring, I cant see it being much else if all modules are functioning, still got it in my head your headlights are the issue here.

Do you not have someone with same headlights & car who can try in there's to see if it accepts coding.

Did you attempt to code it as say a TT or another car?

Do a complete scan of the car including adaptations channels & fault codes, then post a link to download that txt file, dont post the full log on here as it will be way to long.

Also, the out of range would symbolise its not accepting the coding for maybe a few reasons, 1st maybe it appears to be incorrect, your telling the module its an 8P but something on the car is disagreeing, 2nd its not communicating properly with say the headlights or another module involved, so either another module is incorrectly coded or something is amiss with wiring, I cant see it being much else if all modules are functioning, still got it in my head your headlights are the issue here.

Do you not have someone with same headlights & car who can try in there's to see if it accepts coding.

I did try to code it as another car (every cars on the list) and no go... :/
The only errors i keep getting now are for incorrect coding of 55...
Will do a full scan and post it here. Just give me 15 min.

Regards

Well went out to do some VCDS on the car and i have unfecking belivable great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The module accepted the coding, but for an A4 (8E) chassis. Now there are no errors...
The recent ballast i bought was from an A4 car. Does the 55 recognize the ballast?! OMG!
I think i'll buy a new set of headlights....
Done some output tests and everything works fine...
I'm starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel...

I did try to code it as another car (every cars on the list) and no go... :/

So actually this quote is crap is it lmfao.

I hate to say it, but I TOLD YER SO lmfao

So actually this quote is crap is it lmfao.

I hate to say it, but I TOLD YER SO lmfao

LOL, not entirely crap, because i tryied almost every car on the list even Seat Exeo... Misregarded the A4...
But do you think the 55 detects from wich car the ballast came?!

Mate, come on admit it, you just contradicted your own statement, 1st you said all cars on the list, now you say almost lmfao, admit the oversight lol.

Anyway jokes aside, yes if its an a4 module then of course it'll recognise as that chassis, but thing is, are both modules the same as in, from an a4, as seems weird it would accept a4 if they're from different cars, whats part number of both modules in headlights?

Tell you what, try now coding as an 8P.

As i said lol tryed code with almost every car... So basicly it was crap that quote EH EH sorry :blush:

The PN are the same on both ballasts 8E0941329. That's why it is so weird...
LOL The left headlight is some kind of hybrid Sh*t so i would not find too much strange if the guy that sold me the headlights had put in an A4 ballast aswell...
Is there anyway to code the ballasts?

Tryied coding as an 8P and no go...

Also somehting differs on the ballast.

The left one is 8E0941329 H02 0020
The right one is 8E0941329 H03 0020

These H codes are from hardware version? What do you think?

One more thing. Is there any problem if i leave this coded for the A4? What differences does it have?

Regards.

Ok well the part number shows for A4 of course, whats interesting though is it also shows for 8P but only on superseded parts, so I'm speculating that the unit has either 1st a memory of the last chassis plugged into & thus cant be changed which I've not heard of before & doubt, 2nd it is actually only an 8E A4 chassis module so of course only allows A4 coding in module of which I have more faith in as the reason.

Ok well the part number shows for A4 of course, whats interesting though is it also shows for 8P but only on superseded parts, so I'm speculating that the unit has either 1st a memory of the last chassis plugged into & thus cant be changed which I've not heard of before & doubt, 2nd it is actually only an 8E A4 chassis module so of course only allows A4 coding in module of which I have more faith in as the reason.

****** hell mate - been on the Pinot again ? Read it three times and still can't hack it !!:unsure:

Mind you - might have had a drop myself ! :icon_thumright:

But i think this came from a A3 8P cabrio... Unless the ebay user lied about it... But i remember before changing the ballast that it had the cabrio coding...
Yes the PN of the ballast on ETKA are the same for A3. Do you have different PN of the ballast?

But i think this came from a A3 8P cabrio... Unless the ebay user lied about it... But i remember before changing the ballast that it had the cabrio coding...
Yes the PN of the ballast on ETKA are the same for A3. Do you have different PN of the ballast?

It's getting worse !!

It's a virus... A powerful one... !!!

****** hell mate - been on the Pinot again ? Read it three times and still can't hack it !!:unsure:

Mind you - might have had a drop myself ! :icon_thumright:

You, pub, asn & your eyesite dont mix well chap lmfao.

Not sure if the 8E was used on the 8P, I will check mine tomorrow to be sure, as it only shows the superseded part now under the 8P, so its possibly just for 8E chassis before the replacement.

You, pub, asn & your eyesite dont mix well chap lmfao.

Not sure if the 8E was used on the 8P, I will check mine tomorrow to be sure, as it only shows the superseded part now under the 8P, so its possibly just for 8E chassis before the replacement.

'kin ell mate - you're still at it, and I've not touched a drop for 4 hours !! lol :sadlike: