Yellow - a few problems

god_thats_quick

Numptie of the highest order
Reaction score
Website
www.theregister.co.uk
Hi All,

I have had my yellow S3 for nearly a year now and done over 30k since buying it... still haven't lost any of the grin factor when it rains, or for that matter on roundabouts...

anyway back on track, need to find out how much a few things will cost and wondering if anyone has any experience...

1. You can't keep the seats looking like new if you do this many miles, much to my disappointment and effort, need to find a price and somewhere that will retrim the front seats door card and armrest as I don't want it to not all match???

2. Need to find a good body shop the can remove and respray with a bit of filling the front and rear bumpers... some peoples ability to park is shocking /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

3. maybe someone to buy the car when it looks as perfect as it did when I got it (company car and no room), after a few more weekends only with me driving it, how much would it be worth, perfect condition yellow s3, year 2000, 60k yellow seats / armrest / alu mirrors?

Cheers guys...

The yellow alcantara is a ****** to keep clean aint it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. I've had mine a couple of weeks now and whilst it looks like new at the moment, it's going to take regular cleaning to keep it looking that way. If you want the seats retrimmed, i've heard that MJ Interiors are very good, but i'm not sure on cost.

You dont say where you are based so i'm not sure about bodyshops. As for how much it's worth /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif The yellow alcantara doesn't seem to be favoured very much around here but if it's all in good condition i'd say £13-13.5k would be a fair price.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

thanks for the reply, would travel anyware for either the body shop (within reason) if it was good enough and for the right price, I live at home just outside reading, but work during the week down in plymouth so anywhere along that route really...

will have to give mj interiors a call and see what they say. I have to say as long as you don't do lots of miles the seats will be fine, mine looked as new at 30k so think I should be able to sell it to a very happy new owner.

If your in Reading you could try a company called GKS Motor Services. They are in Binfield Heath, Henley-on-Thames. I had my car go there to have a new bumper and door and they did a really good job. They are the only garage I have used that I would recommend. The phone number is 01491 574255, postcode is RG9 4JZ.

Hope that helps.