audi a3 not very well

brooke

Reaction score
please can anyone help i have a3 2.0 tdi quattro 5 years old 25 k miles hardly used and turbo has just blown car was remapped 7 months ago is this the cause or just bad luck obviously need new turbo and maybe cat main dealerwants over 2 k to repair any info or help would be appreciated many thanks unhappy hamish

hi there loads black smoke no power and you can hear turbo bearings thanks

You'll get a better response in the 8p section mate

loads of black smoke... id say youve popped a hose off of split one

take it to a dealer or somewhere who will know how it sort it out.

yep +1 for popping a hose off,possibly even splitting one. have a proper good look/feel at ALL the hoses in your engine if you cant identify the boost hoses

thanks for reply but main dealer reckons blown tirbo but will take your advice and check hoses as i said earlier no power lots black smoke and noisy turbo bearings indicates turbo not being mechanically minded reliant on others to advise so thanks for your help

thing is i had a scooby when i was 19, the clutch was slipping so i took it to subaru to have it checked out, who told me i needed a new clutch+flywheel skimmed, turns out all it needed was the clutch fluid system bled because it had just had an uprated one fitted before i bought it! sometimes dealers are either wrong, or just trying to pull your pants down!

what do you mean you can hear the bearings? are you sure your not mistaking the sound of bearings for the sound of air being sucked into the turbo, made louder by either a split or popped off hose? definately go get your hands dirty before you fork over £2000 mate :o.k:

on a derv split hoses are even easier to find than on a petrol. the split will have pitch black oil coming out

either than or stuck egr valve ;)

the turbos are very hardy in these things

thanks for your advice definitely check hoses before pocket being 2 grand lighter but if oil leaked into cat can cat be cleaned out cheers

yeah you can clean the cat using wynns carb cleaner (from halfords) take the cat off and the carb cleaner is in a highly pressurised rattle can with a nossle that you can put right into the cat and blow any crap out, depends on what your cat looks like, i had to do it on my rx7 when one of the turbo's went, which had a HUGE cat so if it can be done on that i guess it could be done on any cat! :yes:

many thanks for your input starting to be a bit more hopeful about things fingers and everything else crossed cheers

there is no oil to leak into the cat

just look for splits etc

not sure what 8p section is cheers

Its for your car's chassis model. On the main forum page under the A3 8L section is the 8P section. Although the guys above have given great advice!