APY ecu

i'll take a look, does anyone no if the amk is the same connection as the apy?

Fairly sure they are a different ECU... AMK introduced wideband lambda, VVT and a few other features... not sure if they are compatible... immo version may be different too...

<tuffty/>

The problem i got is i got a amk car with a apy engine in it , ive read the two heads have the same casting, so could i just fit the vvt to my head?

Right, with you now.... APY (IIRC) has SAI so you will need to blank that, swap the VVT/cam chain tensioner over too the APY head and all should be good...

Only other thing I would advise if you are having to strip the head to to consider getting the exhaust guides replaced... these wear very quickly and so I have been told can contribute to valve failure...

<tuffty/>

Is it a head off job to fit the vvt? and whats a SAI? i'm a little green with this new tec, i did my yts on morris minnors:)

VVT is part of the cam chain tensioner and can be done with the head on... ideally requires a cam chain tool (about a tenner on ebay) and careful alignment of the cams but its not that difficult... there are a few guides kicking about on places like VW Vortex (I think I have linked to it a couple of times here but god knows where) so have a google...

Secondary Air Injection (SAI) is a system used on some 1.8t's for emissions... the AMK/BAM S3's don't use it and it will be bolted to the gearbox side of the head if still there (by the plastic water housing) or may have already been blanked off...

<tuffty/>

Any one got a second hand cam chain tensioner for a AMK for sale?

Any one got a second hand cam chain tensioner for a AMK for sale?

No, no, no.....

Don't get a second hand one dude. I know they are expensive, but installing a second hand one is a mistake. They never seem to work properly once they've been fitted and removed anyway to be honest.

A new one at Audi seems to vary depending on where you go. Shop around.

On the angine note, how have you ended up with an APY engine in an AMK car?

£350 new:faint:

I have not had the car long and i'm finding all sorts odd things with it, like the wrong engine. its also got a screemer pipe on it, so god knows what turbo's in there!! next problem hehe.

£350 new:faint:

I have not had the car long and i'm finding all sorts odd things with it, like the wrong engine. its also got a screemer pipe on it, so god knows what turbo's in there!! next problem hehe.

A screamer pipe? OK, well it must have an external wastegate then for one to be fitted at all. So not a K04 as they are internally gated.

Sounds interesting.

Dunno!! i'll get a mirror in there and have alook tommorrow. It may just have a pussy cat stuck in there.

small update, got that cam chain tensioner off ebay, just got to fit it, is it a easy job? do l have to split the chain?

Put the new cam chain tensioner on yesterday, quite a easy job just a little fiddly. It feels like a new car, it now revs hard through all the gears. service, mot , tax and a remap next...yay