HELP NEEDED PLEASE

Gordon Stewart

Reaction score
Hi Folks, I have now been looking for 1 whole year for an A3 Saloon 1.8 tfsi with manual gearbox, can anyone please help?!, Do you have one that you are selling?, do you know anyone that has one that is due for a change? , does the person next door have one?, looking for Red or Grey , please can you guys help , much thanks Gogs

I do wish I could afford an S3 but sadly not, I have tried Audi UK, Autotrader, Gumtree, Arnold Clark, Evans Halshaw, EBay, Car gurus , and it been a year now, I check every day , Please Help Folks

I do wish I could afford an S3 but sadly not, I have tried Audi UK, Autotrader, Gumtree, Arnold Clark, Evans Halshaw, EBay, Car gurus , and it been a year now, I check every day , Please Help Folks
What’s your budget?

Why the necessity for a manual out of curiosity? As you've obviously found, they're a lot rarer as they're just less common.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Why the necessity for a manual out of curiosity? As you've obviously found, they're a lot rarer as they're just less common.

I like a manual over an auto, suppose it’s because you feel more involved with car when driving it and also less expensive is gearbox goes I suppose , Please Help

Reactions: rvtb101
I like a manual over an auto, suppose it’s because you feel more involved with car when driving it and also less expensive is gearbox goes I suppose , Please Help
I preferred manuals, till I test drove an S3 auto. Have you tried an automatic just to see if you do like it? Unfortunately asking on a forum I don't think you're going to have much luck if auto trader / Audi don't have anything.
Manuals just aren't a popular choice .

Reactions: NevMan and Bells
I preferred manuals, till I test drove an S3 auto. Have you tried an automatic just to see if you do like it? Unfortunately asking on a forum I don't think you're going to have much luck if auto trader / Audi don't have anything.
Manuals just aren't a popular choice .

Yes I tried an A3 saloon 1.8tfsi in an Auto but just didn’t like it , I am deffo looking for a manual , someone somewhere must have one or know of one ?, Please Please help, that’s now been 1 whole year

Yes I tried an A3 saloon 1.8tfsi in an Auto but just didn’t like it , I am deffo looking for a manual , someone somewhere must have one or know of one ?, Please Please help, that’s now been 1 whole year
As others have said if you’ve been searching a year and nothing has come up there has to be a reason why, and that is probably they’re very rare and not many were sold or produced in your desired spec.

Have you considered a 1.4 CoD engine with 150bhp? Only about 1 second slower from 0-62 and not much other performance difference given they’re both fwd only. There is plenty of those around on autotrader as they were much more popular.

Reactions: voorhees
I preferred manuals, till I test drove an S3 auto. Have you tried an automatic just to see if you do like it?

Have to agree with this^^^

I had a manual S3 and was a die hard manual fan!!! Now I have the A5 coupe with s-tronic I'd never go back, even if I were to downsize to the new A1 (which I may in 2 years) that would be s-tronic as well :)

a1-web-j_0.jpg

Reactions: Bells
lol that's the only one...I just looked as well :)

Have you thought about going for the 1.4? Plenty of them around: https://usedcars.audi.co.uk/usedcar...,Q0gyIDFFVQ|1051,17500|1121,19/l|12,1,t_geo,U

The 0-60 isn't a massive difference, but the fuel saving/insurance/tax would be!

View attachment 168194 View attachment 168195
I was down at Sheffield last week and stopped in to have a look at that one on the way back up to Scotland, it is way overpriced and goes have a few marks on it, also at that price it doesn’t have any extras apart from the wheels , looks slit better in pictures than it is. I have been looking for soling , does anyone know anyone that has one ??

I was down at Sheffield last week and stopped in to have a look at that one on the way back up to Scotland, it is way overpriced and goes have a few marks on it, also at that price it doesn’t have any extras apart from the wheels , looks slit better in pictures than it is. I have been looking for soling , does anyone know anyone that has one ??
Have you not even considered what others have said? Plenty are trying to help, but clearly what you're after is far from common, so compromises are gonna have to be made